Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure yet what I could do with it but I made this ESCAPE badge with - CITY added onto it:

I made it with rounded edges, I'm not sure but other ESCAPE badge images I've seen have square cornered letters, so I'll probably make a version like that too. Of course if anyone has ideas to make it look better I'm all ears, I can edit it.

Not sure if the Escape badge qualifies as a Logo since it's just a italicized font, but it probably is a trademark, but if that is the case the word is the trademark no matter how you make it look, I think??? I don't know the legalities of what it can be used for.

I think it's legal for me to make personal items for my own use, say a decal for my Escape or something. I have it in AutoCAD .dwg format, so I could even run it in a CNC and make something.

I don't know what the legalities of sharing it are either, but I in no way plan to make money off of it, so it's free to the world as far as I'm concerned.

Just thought I'd share my goof-off creation.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are both rounded and sharp together. I used a photo to make it but I guess I should go out to the Escape and see what it really looks like for sure. I have an ESCAPE Key-fob and it has sharp cornered letters. I'm not really sure which one I prefer, my intent though was to duplicate the badge as seen on the truck.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I would put the bottome lettering on my ESCAPE and advert the site

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I like the stickers but I would want something that goes with the badges on my 08. Thats if I would put stickers on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.