Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lube, oil, filter, air filter (yes, I could do it myself - but I only work on my MGB). Leaking rear differential fixed, left outer tie rod replaced. Now the nice part - I had a vibration in the left front. After replacing the left outer tie rod, my shop thought it was taken care of. They test drove the car, and still noticed the vibration I mentioned. They rebalanced all four tires (new 5,000 miles ago - from the same shop). They found a high spot on one of the tires - and replaced it no charge. Now I can put 1,000 miles on it this coming weekend with confidence. It has 116,890 miles on it, and the $500 was well worth it. My vow is not to replace it until my oldest graduates from college in (drum roll, please) 2015.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
how about more pics of the MG? those cars are great. my buddy has a 70something and i helped him rip it apart. it was a fun task. him and his dad are rebuilding it. even though it has never seen snow or salt, its rotten and his dad is the 2nd or 3rd owner.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
So in another 7 years you Escape will have approx 230K on the clock. Assuming that you drive it like you did the past 7 years. "It'll due (it) Pig, it'll due (it)." You may have to work the tie rods again... :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts