Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Escape faring

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Ford4t 
#1 ·
Where can I get a faring for the roof rack of 2011 XLT? I saw a photo (somewhere) on this site and it looked pretty cool. It even had ESCAPE written on the front. I've found Thule and Yamika, but nothing custom for Escape.

Thanks

#4 ·
Ford4t said:
Where can I get a faring for the roof rack of 2011 XLT? I saw a photo (somewhere) on this site and it looked pretty cool. It even had ESCAPE written on the front. I've found Thule and Yamika, but nothing custom for Escape.

Thanks
You did not see any pics in the post :confused:
A lot of generation 1 and 2 Escapes were sold in the No Boundaries edition, comes from the factory looking like this.

#5 ·
rehctelf said:
Ford4t said:

Thanks
You did not see any pics in the post :confused:
A lot of generation 1 and 2 Escapes were sold in the No Boundaries edition, comes from the factory looking like this.
Yup, that's what I'm looking for. I saw it on a black Escape, but that's it. Some of the pics must have been blocked by the server at work. Now that I'm home I can see them.

So where can I get the faring? I already have the roof rack and the cross bars although the side rails look different on the US models.

#6 ·
Ford Parts has the cowl itself listed for just over $200US as a replacement part but I'm not sure it could be adapted to any other roof rack.
The No Boundaries edition has an insert that alows for cargo to be carried on the back of the vehicle as well as the roof. The roof top rails are longer than the standard ones and have integrated tie down loops, the extention that locks over the back of the vehicle reqires a different bumper with latch points for the bottom of the rack. This edition has a lot of custom features that don't make retro fitting very easy.

#7 ·
rehctelf said:
Ford Parts has the cowl itself listed for just over $200US as a replacement part but I'm not sure it could be adapted to any other roof rack.
The No Boundaries edition has an insert that alows for cargo to be carried on the back of the vehicle as well as the roof. The roof top rails are longer than the standard ones and have integrated tie down loops, the extention that locks over the back of the vehicle reqires a different bumper with latch points for the bottom of the rack. This edition has a lot of custom features that don't make retro fitting very easy.
I love the no boundaries edition! I wish they would make that again in the new Escapes....

Do you have pics of the roof rack itself? just to see how hard would it be?

#8 ·
molanojuan said:
rehctelf said:
I love the no boundaries edition! I wish they would make that again in the new Escapes....

Do you have pics of the roof rack itself? just to see how hard would it be?
The rack is the factory installed with the cross bars. No pictures yet. We're still waiting to work out some last minute details and arrange for pick up.

#9 ·
The No Boundaries edition roof rack can be purchased through a dealer. I actually spoke to one on the phone today. He said for all the parts including the new bumper, it would be a little over 2,000 dollars. Obviously that's out of my price range but if you're sincerely interested, I'd try contacting a dealer. And the retrofitting is difficult, but I'm sure it can be done. The hardest part is finding the parts for a reasonable price.

#10 ·
jth0024 said:
The No Boundaries edition roof rack can be purchased through a dealer. I actually spoke to one on the phone today. He said for all the parts including the new bumper, it would be a little over 2,000 dollars. Obviously that's out of my price range but if you're sincerely interested, I'd try contacting a dealer. And the retrofitting is difficult, but I'm sure it can be done. The hardest part is finding the parts for a reasonable price.
Thanks for the info. That's out of our price range as well. I might look into one of the aftermarket farings by Thule or Yakima.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.