Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
parkerexx said:
05escapeny said:
just about to get an 05 escape........any advice on what i can do to make it look nicer inside? thanks
This is a very broad question and no offense but it makes you come off as a ******. :peace:
Show some class! Why not offer him help instead of childish remarks. This is the wrong forum for that crap.

05escapeny: I am new here but you may wish to check the section on modifications or even search the year of your escape. Cheers!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Nicer inside? It will cost alot, but there are many options:

- Katzkin Leather seat covers

- Dash kits

- New factory floor mats (because they match the best)

Which model are you getting? If XLS, you could swap some pieces from Limited or XLT.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it is just the basic model. Do you know a good place to get the dash kit from? I willl be getting some kind of seat covers, not sure which ones yet. I have heard several different places to get good floor mats from, I agree though that Ford ones are probably the way to go. The main thing i want done is dash kit and some kind of seat covers, just wondering where the best place to get them would be. Sorry if I wasn't specific enough in my earlier post.

·
Registered
51 Posts
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4492
This may help a little. If you need to know anything specific about dash kits, just ask :)

Edit; As a side note- Great job, site admin(s)! That type of insulting and destructive behavior should have no place here. I have not been a member of Escape City very long but am glad to see that you run a tight & tidy ship! - My hats off to the the quick responsiveness! :thumb:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Swap the interior parts and seats from a Limited. This would be a relatively easy job, just need to be willing to do the work yourself.

Dash kits from Ebay or Amazon are easy enough to find as others on here mentioned. I'll also vouch for the factory floor mats...they make the vehicle look more "complete" inside.

·
Registered
191 Posts
parkerexx said:
... no offense but it makes you come off as a ******. :peace:
Dimwit? He did say no offense & added a friendly peace-bob. :)

05escapeny said:
it is just the basic model...
So, you have the XLS? If you decide to start digging around in the dash & swapping seats n stuff, be sure to disconnect the battery. There's the possibility of setting off the airbags, so be careful & follow any procedures that a repair manual might have.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hello 05escapeny!.
Maybe a dashboard mat.

I have one in my escape.
Mostly to protect, top of dash from summer heat.
It appears to be effective.

We are now in the year of 2010.
My escape is an 06 Taiwan assembled model, with the Mazda four pot engine.2.3 L.
I purchased the XLT as brand new , in December 2006.
So far my dashboard is intact, with no sign of summer heat cracks and splits.

Henceforth the dashboard mat, appears to be accomplishing the desired result. :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.