Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Escape 2005. I saw the front end of these black plastic strips are starting to lift, close to the windshield. I'd like to secure them back in their slot, before they lift more or that some rust and water starts sipping inside. But how are they held in place? Are those clipped, glued, or some other trick? Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi, Escape 2005. I saw the front end of these black plastic strips are starting to lift, close to the windshield. I'd like to secure them back in their slot, before they lift more or that some rust and water starts sipping inside. But how are they held in place? Are those clipped, glued, or some other trick? Thanks!
They definitely use those little clips that look like pacifiers, but I don't remember if the clips are permanently attached or if they are the ones you just slide on and turn to lock in place.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe this is a different part, as a Ford mech told me today that these two strips are held by... dual-face tape. He said lift the edge, clean it and use silicone glue. And yes I saw the tape after cleaning the dirt out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts