Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone installed projector headlights in the 2008 escape? I'm looking to upgrade from the current lights including hid.

Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
293 Posts
I haven't done a projector retrofit, but I do have HID's, and honestly they have pretty good cutoff. As long as you stay at a low Kelvin rating on the bulb you should be fine. I've got 35W 5000K bulbs, and I've had them for about a month and no ones flashed me yet. Although sometimes I wish they would so I could hit the Hi-Beam, + the Hella's.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'll be putting HIDs into our 2010 Escape very soon. Its good to hear that the stock cutoff is decent enough as we drive up to our cottage at night and don't want to blind oncoming traffic.

Jeff: When you installed your HIDs, did you remove the headlight housing from the car? It looks its held in by 3 bolts (two on top and one near the bottom). I figure it might be easier than cutting up your hands.

·
Registered
679 Posts
these are mine 6000k

·
Registered
293 Posts
When I did mine, I did them with the housing still in the car. It was a pain in the butt, but I didn't want to have to remove the front bumper, which you have to do to get the headlights out or so the chilton manual said. I did remove the battery and that made the drivers side a little easier. The AC line on the passanger side put up a good fight, but I had them installed in less than an hour.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
RedRaptor said:
I'll be putting HIDs into our 2010 Escape very soon. Its good to hear that the stock cutoff is decent enough as we drive up to our cottage at night and don't want to blind oncoming traffic.

Jeff: When you installed your HIDs, did you remove the headlight housing from the car? It looks its held in by 3 bolts (two on top and one near the bottom). I figure it might be easier than cutting up your hands.
There are four bolts on each headlamp housing. You need to remove the front bumper cover to access the two bolts on the lower section of each headlamp, especially the one toward the back.

And that applies to all 2001-2004, 2005-2007, and 2008-? North American E/M/Ts.

·
Registered
679 Posts
No need to remove any housings to install hids.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Exactly, but my point was that you DO need to remove the bumper cover if you want to remove the headlamp housings.

·
Registered
679 Posts
AHHH :peace:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts