Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have a few "off-road" type pics on my home computer, I'll see what's worth showing when I get back. I have a hard time finding places to take it off road that aren't either un-impressively easy, or require a lifted Jeep to go down.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds good. there is a Rally team from Asia that races the Escape, but the only pics i can find are the rigs parked side by side.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Here are a few pics from a FunRun in PA. This was in 2004...

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
I have this looming feeling that the 08+ Escapes aren't as capable ...

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
08's have no problems that I've encountered. Although today I got stuck in 18 inches of snow but I made it as far as most of the rigs of 8 of use. i think 6 of 8 went about 200 yards farther then me.
The Explorer got stuck , we got him out, after we got him out I mis took his old rut marks for his new tire tracks and slid into the same rut.
All of us going to help the Explorer
mainly me in the pic, setting myself up to fall into his ruts..... :wall:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Wow, nice pics :thumb:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Not quite as impressive as the others, but maybe they can hold us over till someone posts more awesome pics like the others. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Not sure this qualifies as awesome but I'll add these to the collective. Most are going over what's called Diablo drop. The highlights are in my sig.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Wow, great pics guys! :thumb:
I know these can be pretty capable vehicles but the most exicitement my truck sees is dodging potholes in early spring.
That Diablo drop looks like it could do a number on the running boards if the were left on :doh:

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'm not a sophisticated off roader, but wish I had the camera yesterday. I usually tread pretty lightly soft-roading, but found myself on a nasty couple of spots that were either turn back or go for it. First time I've been on three wheels during a steep rocky decent, right rear was well off the ground, and one 1/2 pipe that was nearly bumper to bumper with all the 3.0 and street tires could muster. My 14 year old son was freaking out and I had a couple of... (lets say if there were buttons on my seat cushion, they'd be gone), pucker moments. :blush: Glad to have no additional scrapes or missing underside parts.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I've had my E up to the headlights in snow trying to go up Mt. Shasta in Northern Cali on a back road, stupidly. Made it farther than some of the other 4x4 that tried to go up. I wish I had dug my camera out, but I was more concerned with getting out, and not being stuck on the mountain.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
LOVE THE SEEING THE ESCAPE IN ACTION, MEGA!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 153 Posts