Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Welcome aboard SNCF.Greetings to your beautiful Poland.
I'm not aware of the specific sight you posted but I do not see any reason why one should not do it.All, catalytic and gasoline burning cars, can be safely converted to LPG if energy savings is top priority.There are some drawbacks which mostly have to do with convenience and not performance.Also, a point of interest is the fact that you need about at least 20% more of LPG in order to get the equivalent amount of work gasoline gives you.
Converting to LPG may not be popular in my country, Greece, but I know a few of the people who did the conversion and they do not have any negative issues with it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello
Thank You for Your answer

I know that LPG has a little less calories than regular gasoline
and cars running on LPG consume about 10-15% more

Generally cost of instalation is about 1500$ in Poland
It is very good in our cars and easy to hook additional tank (even 80litres capacity)
instead of spare wheel

LPG instalation is tempting when 1liter of gasoline costs 1,5$ versus 1liter of LPG 0,73$

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Very tempting indeed if one also considers that there is no loss of performance.
It is when the LPG tank drops below half full that some performance issues occur, but then again you can turn the switch and run it on gasoline untill you find a LPG station.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts