Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2007 Ford Escape hatch and window were driving me CRAZY with a squeak/clunk noise each time I drove! :bang: I saw a simple fix on another site and thought I would pass it along. You will think "This is so simple, no way can it work!" but it DID and I couldn't believe it myself! Open the lift gate. Take a 2-3 inch piece of electrical tape and wrap it tightly around the post where the latch engages. Close it and open the glass gate. Take a 2 inch piece of electrical tape and wrap around the flat part of the loop post tightly. Close the glass. Now you can drive without all those annoying squeaks! :wave: I bought my Escape used and it was in fantastic shape except for this squeak. Wonder if that is why someone traded it in? :? Mindy

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
This was an issue with some 08-12 Escapes where the dealership fix was to do a full re-adjustment of the locking mechanism and the locking post that you taped.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
It's amazing how simple this fix is. I had an issue with a squeaky door latch a few weeks after I picked up my 02. They replaced the catch post with one that was coated. No more noise after that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had the same problem for a couple of years, mysterious creaking from the back door when driving over bumps (pot holes, cracks washboard etc)

A couple of loops of electrical tape around the door striker and glass panel striker, noise is gone.

Yahoo!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread but omg it saved my sanity. Electrical tape worked perfectly no more noise annoying noise. They do sell bushings for the strikers but i’m not even going to bother with that. Thanks for the post!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts