Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Soooo....I was wondering, why would someone want to go to yellow lights? I think it looks nasty but a lot of people like them. To each their own I guess. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
02escape said:
Soooo....I was wondering, why would someone want to go to yellow lights? I think it looks nasty but a lot of people like them. To each their own I guess. :shrug:
Must admit, I don't like the yellow foglights either, they were a passing fad over here in the early 1970's, and again in the early 1990's, but they always seemed to look, and perform poorly.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have some SilverStar's H1's on my fogs, and are brighter that the OEM H11's on the headlights.. plus, they look good during daylights, they give the truck an European look...

·
Registered
285 Posts
A1Capone said:
I have some SilverStar's H1's on my fogs, and are brighter that the OEM H11's on the headlights.. plus, they look good during daylights, they give the truck an European look...
The guy who posted about you has a "European" Escape and it doesnt have those type.... :shrug:

(by the way, this is not meant as a bashing, it is just a thought)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not, don't worry... I said "a look" as an european car...not an american car made for europe! (get it?) Plus, there other useless add ons on cars that make me puke and I just take them as advise, so I don't make the same mistake...its all about the colors... ;)

·
Registered
321 Posts
A1Capone said:
My 2005 Sonic Blue with Optic Blue on headlights, and yellow on the fogs.

:shades:
Do they make a regular grey or black version of these? And how do they adhere?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe they have Grey and tint colors...they are already pre-cut to your car application and peel and adhere as you would on either window tinting, or a sticker.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
A1Capone said:
I believe they have Grey and tint colors...they are already pre-cut to your car application and peel and adhere as you would on either window tinting, or a sticker.
Are they hard to fit? Also, are they road legal?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
02escape said:
A1Capone said:
The guy who posted about you has a "European" Escape and it doesnt have those type.... :shrug:

(by the way, this is not meant as a bashing, it is just a thought)
I agree, I am in no way trying to put the guy down, afterall, its his car, and he can do what he wants with it, if he likes what he's achieved then great, after all, life would be dull if we all had the same opinions!!
As for the "Euro look", hmm, what exactly is this, from what I've seen on the USA eBay, lights that are sold as "Euro look", such as clear tailights etc, only exist here as o.e. on Mazda and certain Lexus models, which both origionate from Japan, but there are a few non standard clear style clusters about, most of which don't comply to Euro rules..
One of the most popular modifications carried out over here, seem to be blue or green front sidelight bulbs, and blue led's mounted in the screenwash nozzles, which again, is technically illegal, but seems to be tolerated, until the car goes for its yearly MOT test!!

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
A1Capone said:
Hey, if you want the total "Euro look", I'll swap my head, and tail lights with you, as the American ones look so much better in my view, especially the rear ones, as the are more asthectically pleasing..... ;)

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I have 2 tail lights if you want em :)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
camusdarrach said:
A1Capone said:
Hey, if you want the total "Euro look", I'll swap my head, and tail lights with you, as the American ones look so much better in my view, especially the rear ones, as the are more asthectically pleasing..... ;)
got a picture of your tails? i would love to have the "euro" headlights. but one of use would be driving around with no headlights while waiting for shipping LoL

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
A1Capone said:
My 2005 Sonic Blue with Optic Blue on headlights, and yellow on the fogs.
Is this just a cosmetic mod or are there any real world benefits? Just curious

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
CrashNburn said:
camusdarrach said:
A1Capone said:
got a picture of your tails? i would love to have the "euro" headlights. but one of use would be driving around with no headlights while waiting for shipping LoL
Here's the headlights.........
Nearside

Offside

And the tail lights..........
Nearside

Offside

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I've never shipped international before....hmmm

Let me look into this.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Scooter Scott said:
I've never shipped international before....hmmm

Let me look into this.
Yep, no immediate rush on my part, could do with an Escape rear badge as well ( Subtle Hint)!!!!!!!!!!!!!,
If you wish, send me a PM when you're ready.. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Whats your postal code?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
would you be allowed to run with N/A headlamps? i know i would be technically illegal to run your lamps here, but i dont really care lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts