Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
Bought this car second hand, had a flat battery, now can't get stereo going.
The card that came with it has the code 8873. I've yried it many times bit when I press 5 to enter it, after 8873, it goes back to 0000.
See photo of card attached. Sleeve Material property Font Electric blue Auto part

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Lenny

· Registered
3,741 Posts
If you have not checked, I would look at the identification numbers on the stereo chassis. If they math, then I would be on contact with the manufacturer. If they do not match, then the card number likely will never work, and you need to get factory assigned number that matches your units serial/model numbers.
I do not know where you are, but it may be possible that either a locksmith(using electronice stuff) or a stereo service/sales store, or a dealer can provide the unlocking information that will work.
I would also take a cruise through any doc you got with the vehicle to see if some numbers/codes were written down by the previous owner, or an installer.
tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.