Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided that I would share my EDC and BOBs, I have multiple setups for summer/winter, long travel/everyday, and basically if I decide that I need more. I'm sharing my basic bag which I bring to my car, take into work, and bring it home again. I also have my EDC and myactive shooter rig.

I will share my car setup here and in my mod thread but not my main bag.

This is what I have with me at all times, left to right.
Notebook (spare id, spare cash, spare credit card, & copy of certifications), pens, Cold Steel Recon clip point, 64gb flash drive (various financial, id info, family photos, and enerainment for day to day), portable battery with charging cable.
Also carried but not shown; wallet, keys, Samsung GS4 and, Casio G-shock XL
I use two bags, the mobile bag is a modified Carhartt backpack, the other is a 5.11 active shooter bag. The 5.11 stays at home, NJ has a bad history of locking people up then deciding they weren't braking the law months or years later.

In the 5.11 I have
ammo; .40, .223, & .22
Spare mags for all
Medical blow out kit
Cleaning kit
Spare batteries
NODs (monocular)
IDs and credentials
Energy bars
Iodine tabs
Cigarettes
I use two bags, the mobile bag is a modified Carhartt backpack, the other is a 5.11 active shooter bag.

Knife with firestarter and mini pry bar in side area

In the zippered pouch with patches, mechanix gloves & tin with fishing kit

Here is the large outer compartment.
There is a pelican case with IDs, photos, stamps and credentials. Poncho, pens, sharpies, pocket constitution, notepad, hand sanitizer, Cold Steel Recon XL clip point, calyume sticks, and a rag.

Main compartment minus 2 MREs currently being swapped out.
Change of clothes, 2 extra pairs of socks in space bag.
Crank radio/charger.
3 days water, in 8oz pouches.
Lifestraw
Canned goods
Trauma kit
Duct tape
Camera with extra batteries
Camelbak bottle
Streamlight Survivor with extra battery
In the bag, soon to be a maxpedition pouch, is a length of 550 cord, hygiene supplies, mylar blankets, more calyume sticks, spare batteries, iodine tabs, and a couple of other odds and ends.
Cigarettes, airline size bottles of vodka

I'm still adding too, the carhartt is almost full but.my camp duffle needs a lot of work.

Apart from this I have a camp supply duffle, a duffle for winter with warm clothes, and my main bag that stays at home.
I lived out of these during hurricane Sandy, my home wasn't damaged thankfully so I spent a lot of time with the Fire dept and First Aid, it was so bad that I was eventually riding with PD to medical calls because the national guard shut the beach and 5 blocks down. Power was out for two weeks and most stores were closed, 711 opened up in about a week. I'm glad I had this stuff, and luckily didnt need to use all of it.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

EDC: wallet, XD9 (13+1), HTC 1 M8 phone, and two coins. One was given to me by the Chief Master Sergeant of my wing when I graduated top of my class from a leadership school; the other given to me in Afghanistan by my Sergeant Major.

Standard, day by day for the Escape. Complete tool kit, kit with five MREs, an Army IFAK (Improved First Aid Kit), wipes, rags, gloves, a jacket, jumper cables, a knife, fix a flat bottle, matches, and a couple of other small items.

Inside the small compartment by the passenger side rear wheel:

E-tool, two 20,000 pound straps, two ratchet straps, and a bag full of extra batteries.

Overnight in the winter: extra cold weather clothes and a blanket.

Within easy reach inside the cabin: holster for XD9, Leatherman, bottom pouch full of MREs, top one full of maps, pens, and a couple of other goodies.

Water is added if I take the Escape anywhere out of city limits.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Let's see how fast this gets locked since there's a picture of someone exercising their 2nd amendment right........ And another post implying it.

I'm woefully under prepared. Aside from a general toolkit, some spare coolant, a bottle of washer fluid and my CCW, that's all I carry in my car. And I drive 140 miles a day- half in the early morning out in country.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Well, the wife just got me a new BOB.

Just gotta fill her up.

I carry all kinds of stuff in my go bag. Meds, tourniquet, high strength 550 cord, medic scissors, emergency blanket, etc...

I'm an Eagle Scout, so I pack plenty

·
Registered
283 Posts
ExplorerTom said:
Let's see how fast this gets locked since there's a picture of someone exercising their 2nd amendment right........ And another post implying it.

I'm woefully under prepared. Aside from a general toolkit, some spare coolant, a bottle of washer fluid and my CCW, that's all I carry in my car. And I drive 140 miles a day- half in the early morning out in country.
Yet you're still ahead of me. I usually have winter clothes, sometimes a small shovel, and leather/window wipes (and my CCW if I'm not in the People's Republic of MD, which I am too often since I work there). No food, nothing more than a part bottle of water.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I just keep a survival knife in my glove box, an inverter in the center console, and a roadside emergency bag in the wet trunk. You guys are all set and well prepared.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Rook said:
In the 5.11 I have
ammo; .40, .223, & .22
Spare mags for all
Medical blow out kit
Cleaning kit
Spare batteries
NODs (monocular)
IDs and credentials
Energy bars
Iodine tabs
Cigarettes
Iodine tablets. :doh: How have I forgotten these? I used them plenty in SERE. Thanks for the reminder. I also need to go pick up a box of spare fuses and put my glowsticks in my truck. I really have no excuse.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
underthetire said:
Wow, you can find .22 ammo? That's like finding a golden goose around here.
I know the feeling. It was hard here for a long time. If you wanted any, you had to be on the phone everyday.

I found somewhere with 325 bricks of Federal Auto Match for $23-$26 out the door.

I've been slowly stocking up a little bit over the last year. I decided to just fill up the space on my shelf designated for 22. The problem, is somehow more shelf space keeps appearing for it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
AmericanPride said:
underthetire said:
I know the feeling. It was hard here for a long time. If you wanted any, you had to be on the phone everyday.

I found somewhere with 325 bricks of Federal Auto Match for $23-$26 out the door.

I've been slowly stocking up a little bit over the last year. I decided to just fill up the space on my shelf designated for 22. The problem, is somehow more shelf space keeps appearing for it.
You must be the guy who gets there five minutes before me. :?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Harry Hood said:
AmericanPride said:
underthetire said:

You must be the guy who gets there five minutes before me. :?
I don't call around and I can only get a box a day. They've had stock the entire month.

I'm only keeping some on hand because of those kind of *** hats who swarm the store with every friend and family to clear out the 22. God forbid the 60,000 rounds they already have not be enough

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
underthetire said:
It took a good 6 monthe here in NJ to get just 3 bricks. Now, most shops are ranges here so they try to make you shoot what you buy. When I can I grab a few extra bricks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've got to get a BOB set up for my wife's escape. same with a half descent trauma bag, I also need to get a couple different recovery straps for it.

inn my Xterra, I have my recovery gear ( to go with the winch) as well as the Med bag I used when I was deployed ( fully stocked for what I can do at home) as well as a few extra survival items as a just in case

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
maillet282 said:
I've got to get a BOB set up for my wife's escape. same with a half descent trauma bag, I also need to get a couple different recovery straps for it.

inn my Xterra, I have my recovery gear ( to go with the winch) as well as the Med bag I used when I was deployed ( fully stocked for what I can do at home) as well as a few extra survival items as a just in case
It's funny in a way, but my Stratus almost has a better set up than my Escape. It was owned by my buddy before me and we both put our stuff in it. I finally decided to clean it out and I found, among other things:

4 jumper cables, 2 first aid kits, a blanket, a tool kit, 5 oil change funnels, an oil filter wrench, 2 MRE s, 5 pairs of gloves, 2 M320 stocks, 1 100 round SAW bag... And a reflective belt.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Meatloafmountain said:
It's funny in a way, but my Stratus almost has a better set up than my Escape. It was owned by my buddy before me and we both put our stuff in it. I finally decided to clean it out and I found, among other things:

4 jumper cables, 2 first aid kits, a blanket, a tool kit, 5 oil change funnels, an oil filter wrench, 2 MRE s, 5 pairs of gloves, 2 M320 stocks, 1 100 round SAW bag... And a reflective belt.
Gots ta have your pt belt! Lol

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
underthetire said:
I've only got real basics in my car, first aid kit with thermal blanket, air compressor,jumper cables, paper towels. I am first responder CPR trained, so I do have a CPR mask as well.
I've carried them since I was about 16. Always been thrown in my go bags. I've had a bunch of training over the years.

Thanks to UPS, I have to wait until Monday evening to get my new bag. I don't have good luck with them.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just picked up a newer e-tool and a maxpedition organizer for the smaller stuff.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts