Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i installed a new exhaust on my 05 xlt sport a year ago and at the time noticed that right at the front of truck where exhaust comes down under the truck, there is a steel braided flex pipe there. however one end was not connected (end closer to rear of truck). my mechanic told me that part was expensive and said i could leave it for now. however recently ive been getting a rattle noise when i accelerate and have to assume this is the cause. anyone have this problem before, know a quick fix or know how much a full repair would cost roughly?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Sorry, I do not understand the "not connected".It is either connected or not.
You may go to a muffler shop and they can fix it for you.
And I would not go to these guys again.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I believe you have to choices.

You can take it to a muffler shop and have them replace the braided section by having a new braided section welded to the existing front pipe. I had an estimate of $250 for that repair.

You can also buy a complete front exhaust pipe on ebay for under $100 (gaskets included). You will have to install it yourself.

A new complete front exhaust pipe looks like this:

Myself, I went with the latter (it's a whole lot cheaper) . The only other thing I needed was some new exhaust flange nuts (M10 x 1.5) from Lowes as mine were in pretty bad shape.

Good Luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts