Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought you guys might like to see/hear the exhaust I had installed.
I put together a little video for it, so you can enjoy, and let me know what you think. On laptop speakers, it sounds a little tinny, and kind of ricey, and it doesn't get the full effect. I'm thrilled with the way it sounds, and I think it looks great.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Sounds great! I really like how you did different views of it. Actually driving, both windows up and then down, and the view right beside it. Very nice sound! :thumb: haha I had my laptop speakers up pretty loud to hear it and my cats were slightly worried there was an actually car in the apartment hehe. :lol: Their ears were up and they were looking around. :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I'm glad you guys liked it!
And poor kitties! My kitten was quite concerned while I was doing the editing. I played those clips over and over getting everything cut and put together right.
I love it, and I love the look, it's a lot different from stock. It's also a lot lighter than the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know!
I absolutely LOVE the way it sounds.
Oh, and btw... :lol:
I wish I had that mod. That would be amazing! :hyst:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Thanks for the video clip.
I like the sound, of your ' BORLA ' exhaust. :yes: :thumb:

How did you set up, the filming procedure?.
With assistance of passenger?.
Or was the camcorder, mounted somewhere?.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! I'm really glad you liked it! :)
The camera setup was pretty easy. That squeaking was from the camera setup.
What I did was raise the passenger headrest, place the camera on the seat, and lower the headrest to sandwich the camera in-between the seat and headrest.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Thanks for the video and good job with it! Things like this are much appreciated. I also like the different clips with the windows closed and open. :thumb:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!
I'm glad you liked it!
I did the different clips because it's very different between windows up and down. My Fast likes the windows DOWN, but my girlfriend doesn't.
And if anyone was considering that muffler, or that exhaust configuration, I thought it might be useful to hear it in multiple ways. Plus, I'm just in love with the sound.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, here's where I bought the muffler:
http://www.jegs.com/i/Borla/157/40363/1 ... Id=1175466
And I had a local muffler shop do the piping, the tip, and the reconfiguration to point it out before the rear tire. You could keep the stock configuration and point it out of the back. I'd remove the second muffler, though, if I were going to go that route.

And no, my girlfriend likes the sound just fine, she's just not crazy about having the windows down.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Airmapper, Nice Bronco.
I saw your photo of the carb. I have a 67 six cylinder Mustang. It has the same carb. I picked up an extra one as a spare. Did you find a rebuild kit for it ?
Tom

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I never noticed that squeak until you pointed it out.
Hmm, yeah, maybe. Normally I'm pretty obsessive about noises, squeaks, rattles and such.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts