Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, now that i have my first car i love tinkering with it. Lately ive been seeing videos of cars with some nice sounding exhaust systems, now i know its not common for an escape to have, let alone an SUV, or a v6. But i think there really cool. I saw this video on youtube:
and the owner said he spent 10 dollars on it, and if you ask me it sounds great. So how hard would it be for me to replicate something like this, it seems as if he just chopped off the tip and put a new one on. Can anyone fill me in?

·
Registered
294 Posts
DeLuca119 said:
Hey guys, now that i have my first car i love tinkering with it. Lately ive been seeing videos of cars with some nice sounding exhaust systems, now i know its not common for an escape to have, let alone an SUV, or a v6. But i think there really cool. I saw this video on youtube:
and the owner said he spent 10 dollars on it, and if you ask me it sounds great. So how hard would it be for me to replicate something like this, it seems as if he just chopped off the tip and put a new one on. Can anyone fill me in?
Yes it sounds nice but thats about it, ur better off going with a full (cat converters included) magnaflow or gibson exhaust on yours than this "mod". That person who posted on youtube better have allot of extra $$$ to spend on new tires and wheels for that escape bec those will be just the first things to go out on that...the hot exhaust fumes will burn the tire and it may cause it to catch fire and then the wheel will burn, also causing a CRASH. It also damages the breaks on that wheel. You cant just chop off the tailpipe and expect to gain anything...or the muffler for that matter (which, btw, is unlawful in most states). If you remove the muffler all together, you will loose power.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
seems like that would make the most sense, get it done the right way. Oh well, it seemed interesting.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
ltlredescape speaks the truth. Having the exhaust in front of the rear tire also causes premature wear on that tire.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here is my wifes Escape that I put a SI/DO Thrush on. It drones a little in the cab but overall sounds good. Especially since I only paid like $150 installed. Note: the "family" stickers are gone now LOL :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts