Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was a hot summer day. came home at 10 am after an all night church retreat. we had planned on having a silly string fight that night but it never happened, the cans just stayed in my car. i got home, and took a quick nap for 3 hours, because i had not slept the night before and had to be at work by 1 pm. i woke up, almost late and threw on my work clothes and walked outside to my car. by this time, the temp had reached into the triple digits and it was scolding hot. as soon as i step onto the porch i take a look at my escape. the windshield looks like it has a crack in it, "oh well" i thought to myself" must be weird light reflection" as i get closer i realize OH MY GOD there is a huge crack in my windshield running from the lower drivers side corner all the way to the center of the windshield and straight up to the top of the middle. i unlock the car and realize that the wal mart bag full of silly string cans had been blown to bits... every can had exploded and shot pink silly string everywhere, it was in the carpets, in the back of the cargo area, under seats... everywhere! i then looked up and saw the can that had caused the real damage. one of the cans had shot up, hit my windshield, and landed right on my dash. it caused the one big crack and several star cracks as well... i was late to work, and had to replace my windshield the next day for $160.... don't EVER leave compressed cans in your car in heat... it can result in a fate worse than death... pink interior!... this was 2 or 3 years ago and i occasionally find little pink leftovers every once in a while!

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Sorry to hear this dude...probably should move this into something other than comic relief...I don't think it's funny...kinda sucks. Then again I guess you can laugh about it...hell I don't know!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
That is a bummer.

you could say...

A funny thing happened...it was a hot summer day... That make it funny? :lol:

BTW, that sounds like MythBusters fodder.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nope, totally comic relief... even when it just happened i saw the humor in it and was laughing the whole time

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
You'll fit right in here then. :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts