Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this trick on a science show however I've never tried it so don't know if it really works.

You can supposedly use your body as an antenna for your car remote control. Just need to lick part of your body and place the antenna side of remote against this area and hey presto you are now the antenna and have increased the range for your remote.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,236 Posts
latan said:
Saw this trick on a science show however I've never tried it so don't know if it really works.

You can supposedly use your body as an antenna for your car remote control. Just need to lick part of your body and place the antenna side of remote against this area and hey presto you are now the antenna and have increased the range for your remote.
Thats what I do when I lock / unlock the car when it's on my drive, and I'm in the house!! :lol:
But, you don't need to lick your body, just place the fob by your head, and fry those little grey cells!!! :doh:
Strangley, it has a far greater range when I use my dogs heads as a signal booster!!! :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,629 Posts
Fascinating. Thanks Latan. I will give it a try when the moment is opportune. Behaving myself. Would another person object to being subjected as a science experiment. Lady friend or wife? Yeah! Never thought of that. Maybe the opposite gender have a better signal range. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,362 Posts
Would dog licks work?

:D

There are a few areas 'round here that reduce my remote's range down to around 20 feet, yet my remote can sometimes work around 200-300 feet away.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,901 Posts
jpark said:
Would dog licks work?

:D

There are a few areas 'round here that reduce my remote's range down to around 20 feet, yet my remote can sometimes work around 200-300 feet away.
Oops, sorry, jp, I think I just opened your garage door again. :lol: ...but back to Stone experimenting with his wife or girlfriend...how's that workin'? :shades:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,901 Posts
stone said:
Hi MadMax. No luck or success as yet. I have a low pain threshold and do not want to be slapped.
Not even a little? :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
camusdarrach said:
latan said:
Saw this trick on a science show however I've never tried it so don't know if it really works.

You can supposedly use your body as an antenna for your car remote control. Just need to lick part of your body and place the antenna side of remote against this area and hey presto you are now the antenna and have increased the range for your remote.
Thats what I do when I lock / unlock the car when it's on my drive, and I'm in the house!! :lol:
But, you don't need to lick your body, just place the fob by your head, and fry those little grey cells!!! :doh:
Strangley, it has a far greater range when I use my dogs heads as a signal booster!!! :lol: :lol:
yeah but isn't that a little disgusting to lick the dog's head first? :wacko:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,648 Posts
I dont even know what the most disturbing part of this thread is...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,362 Posts
That would work really well with a turkey neck.

:bill:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,648 Posts
How about the giraffe living in my backyard? :bill:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,901 Posts
Scooter Scott said:
I dont even know what the most disturbing part of this thread is...
I have a feeling it's still coming.....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,362 Posts
:fan:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,305 Posts
Scooter Scott said:
I dont even know what the most disturbing part of this thread is...
Ooohh...maybe it's yet to come... :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,648 Posts
Someone get my boots!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,283 Posts
lol, wow, thats funny, but since i dont have remote start im not worried about the range, cause i dont really need to unlock my doors from 300m away , my arms are not that long :yahoo: haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
CrashNburn said:
lol, wow, thats funny, but since i dont have remote start im not worried about the range, cause i dont really need to unlock my doors from 300m away , my arms are not that long :yahoo: haha
Excellent point!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
I do this all the time. If you don't want to feel like an idiot with the fob to your fore head, use your chin. Both of them work well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
camusdarrach said:
Thats what I do when I lock / unlock the car when it's on my drive, and I'm in the house!! :lol:
But, you don't need to lick your body, just place the fob by your head, and fry those little grey cells!!! :doh:
Strangley, it has a far greater range when I use my dogs heads as a signal booster!!! :lol: :lol:
Is your dog microchipped - that could be boosting the signal. Otherwise it could be the protruding tongue.

Cheers,
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top