Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may remember, my beloved Tahoe (that Camus refers to as Kermit killer) was egged on Halloween. There was only one impact on the roof of the vehicle.

A pic of the "Impact Zone" is shown below.

I guess the question I have is what can I do to repair the damage to keep it from getting worse.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Clean with detergent to stop any further damage. Use a polishing clay (clay bar) to clean up the area. It will finely remove a layer of paint and smooth out any etched paint. Unfortunately that is what eggs do. They must be rather acidic. Then use a good wax to protect.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I'm definitely with Surf on this one. Dawn dish soap, a good clay/bar should do the trick. Then a wax of your choice.
edit. I had to Google this question. Here's what came up.
Step 1: If possible, do not allow the egg to sit on the car for an extended period, especially in the sun. Every second counts. As soon as you discover the mess, begin steps to clean the vehicle.

Step 2: Using your hand, remove all traces of the egg shell from the car.

Step 3: Once pieces of the egg shell are removed, clean the egg and yolk from the car using a soft towel. It is important to remove all traces of the egg shell. This way, you avoid scratching the surface of the car.

Step 4: Create a mixture using 1 part water and 1 part vinegar.

Step 5: Soak a towel in the mixture, and place it on the egg stain. You may also spray the mixture onto the car using a spray bottle. Allow the towel to sit for at least 15 minutes.

Step 6: Remove the towel. Dry the area using a different towel.

Step 7: If necessary, repeat steps 5 and 6.
Also found that, Vaseline Intensive Care lotion will work. But, :shrug:

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went with Surfy's advice. I went out and bought the Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit and used it on the area. It included a "Cleaner Wax" which was used and then a coat of Meguiar's Nxt Generation Tech Wax 2.0 Paste Wax.

The good news is really have to look for the impact on my roof now. PK, what I did when I found the residue last Saturday was immediately go over to the Full Service Hand Wash and had all the visible remains taken care of. Then wifey and I had to go to Charleston for my latest surgery so I wasn't able to finish taking care of it until this morning.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts

I guess the question I have is what can I do to repair the damage to keep it from getting worse.[/quote]

I must remember to pay those kids , hmmmmm ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts