Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I got my 2010 escape xlt 3 weeks ago. I added the reverse parking sensors today at the dealer. They aren't the same as the one's the limited and hybrid limited comes with. Instead of 4 sensors, there are 2. And the sound doesn't sound the same...sounds a little more like a laser/sonar. It's OK I guess...(and the sensors are towards the middle or the bumper...so picture the regular sensor layout minus the outer left and outer right sensors). I thought it was going to be the REAL OEM sensors but I guess not :(. But it still works the same, only that the switch to turn it on/off/volume is under the emergency brake. Dealer installed it. Ford rep who assisted me set up the appointment after it was ordered. The guy said that it only comes from the manufacturer like that. So whatever, still looks kinda cool don't u think?

My next step is a spoiler...not sure if i should get the one that comes with the sport appearance package or the other one that you guys have here. I'm leaning more towards the other one you guys have here...

Last but not least, how much does it cost to get the 17" inch chrome clad oem rims with the oem tires? I just wanna hear your opinions before i get anymore work done and spend more than I have to. Thanks.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I had them on my Explorer and did not get them on the escape, but they look great.

What dealer did you go to and how much did it cost you? I am also from NYC so I would consider getting this done since my escape is a black xlt too.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I can comment on the rim issue. I can assure you that you will pay a pretty penny on rims. I think the last time i looked it was like 1700 for all four rims and tires. For that money you can get aftermarket rims.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Sometimes on eBay, you see people trying to sell a whole set of the chrome-clad rims.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts