Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i convinced the wife to let me go and drive a new F150, so me my wife and 2 kids loaded into the escape and went to the local dealership. We drove an XLT 5.4L Crew Cab with a few extra options (a guy ordered the truck and then backed out), covered in Blue Flame Metallic. my daughter LOVED IT, and the wife said she liked driving it. it has the 6.5ft box, 4x4 extra chrome, and sync. plus the payload package with the trailer brakes etc. WOW. i might go back and take it for a second test drive, hop on the highway and go for a coffee one town over. the salesman is gonna call me tomorrow to give me what my payment options will be.

cross your fingers for me!!!!

oh ya. you also get $1000 worth of accessories for free right now!!

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I like the Super Crew F-150. It is a wonderful machine. I would hate to feed it at $4.00/gallon of gas though. Even if it gets 20 mpg, and they do on the highway, it would be a tough sell to me now.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i might test drive an F250 diesel tomorrow. im not sure.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I have just been watching the news. They had a piece on truck buying locally, and in Texas. Locally the truck sales went down 50% when the price of gas went to $4. It has since rebounded 35% in the past two months. Little/fuel effiecent and Hybrid cars went up 50% before, but have since dropped off 35% in the past couple of months. I don't know about how Canadians look at pickups, but in Texas the National car is the Suburban :bill: and the standard sedan :shock: is considered to be the F-150 Super Crew.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Squishy said:
Canada is opposite-land. We like our Civics and Corollas.
They sell like cheap hot cakes here as well. But not to everyone. They are the kiddie bumper cars you give your kid to learn to drive in. :doh: Then they grow up they get a Suburban or a Pickup... :peace:

·
Administrator
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude 4x4
20,732 Posts
jonas1022 said:
Squishy said:
Canada is opposite-land. We like our Civics and Corollas.
They sell like cheap hot cakes here as well. But not to everyone. They are the kiddie bumper cars you give your kid to learn to drive in. :doh: Then they grow up they get a Suburban or a Pickup... :peace:
Or a Tahoe if you are lucky!!! :lol: :hyst:

·
Administrator
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude 4x4
20,732 Posts
jonas1022 said:
Chebby Tacos...are the dealers darlings. Not so much Kermies! ;) :peace:
:hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i went and looked at teh diesel. its 59,000but cause its the last 08 they have on the lot, they will drop 20,000 of the price hehe/.

·
Registered
333 Posts
There are huge incentives on trucks now, both new, and pre-owned. You can go out and buy a GMC Envoy Denali or Chevy Avalanche Z71 right now for the kind of money you would buy a Malibu or Fusion for...

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
In todays world, we are once again confronted with the situation that less is more. I'd go for the Fusion, or maybe even the Malibu.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.