Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been googling it and searching on here, but i havn't been able to find out where the factory sub is on an 07 escape. also do all of the escapes have the factory sub or is it an option?

[mod]Moved to Audio/Video Mods[/mod]

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
It would be located behind the passenger side trim panel of the cargo area. Not all Escapes came with a sub, only those with a certain package. I'm not sure about the details, but I remember something about a "Mach1" sound package.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
In Mazda-speak, they called it the "Audiophile" system, which was a friggin' joke btw. I tolerated that lil' sub for about 2 days before I set off on my own audio install journey on this vehicle.

Anyway, the factory sub location looks like this..

And what you see below is a false-floor design in progress (this is a progress shot, the system is DONE), something you can do too with the 2007 model Escape. Older Escapes have the spare tire inside, but not this one. That means it is about 1000% easier to build a super-stealth high quality audio system in these modern versions.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
beachbumberry said:
i thought about a stealth box, but i still want to be able to have a flat floor when the seat is laid down.
That's the trick. Look at my seats. They are level with my floor. The factory height is retained completely. It is thanks to the plastic spacer in our vehicles (that aren't Hybrids.)

With small space efficient amps and subs, it will be completely invisible. And I quite frankly enjoy helping people build kickass systems they can use everyday, so if this is a route you want to take just say so and I'll do what I can.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The stereo is called MACH 300. 6x8's in the rear doors, 6x8 woofers in the bottom of the front doors with tweeters mounted higher on the doors inside of the sideview mirror panels. They also have a subwoofer in the right rear 1/4 panel of the cargo area, as indicated by the pics by other posters above. The 05-07 models have an 8" subwoofer in the sealed enclosure, whereas the 01-04 models had a 6.5".

I have an 06 Limited, and with time and money allowing, I am going to just replace the stock subwoofer with an aftermarket 8", and replace it's amplifier with a Blaupunkt PNP Digital Amp, providing 190W RMS to the sub (400w peak capability). Then I will replace the rear 6x8's with aftermarket ones (JBL/Infinity/JVC Arsenal) and replace the front component set with an aftermarket one (again, JBL or Infinity or JVC Arsenal). Replacing the stock head unit with an aftermarket one (JVC ARSENAL) will also take place sometime in the future too, time and funds permitting.

I actually like the stock stereo, and I find it's one of the best ones I've ever listened to. I don't want anything larger than stock in my truck so that I can actually use it's payload the same as I can now, hence my decision to just upgrade the stock sub and speakers.

Sounds like you might be thinking of going the same route?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Is it just me or does it appear that there's a tweeter of some sort above the subwoofer? What's the point of that? :confused:

·
Registered
333 Posts
That thing that looks like a tweeter above the subwoofer is actually what your reverse-assist system uses to annunciate how close you are getting to objects, by beeping. It is kinda like a Piezo tweeter.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Okay, so im new to the Escape/Tribute/ Mariner..

I have an '05 Mariner "Luxory" (without rear sub/amp box), so is the layout of the Factory rear sub the same between the 3 companies vehicles and same generations? Ex 01-04 (?),05-07 (?), etc..

I may look into going shopping at a local "candy store" (Salvage lot) for that OEM look but of course put better quality products on/in it..

I will be replacing my speakers and the Ford 6-Disc cd changer but would like the sub/amp assembly, which is why I ask what years models will fit (with new panel) in my 05

·
Registered
621 Posts
Davis137 said:
That thing that looks like a tweeter above the subwoofer is actually what your reverse-assist system uses to annunciate how close you are getting to objects, by beeping. It is kinda like a Piezo tweeter.
That's good to know. My 2011 does not have the factory sub but my panel has the cut out for that tweeter even though I don't have that option. Was wondering what it was

·
Registered
956 Posts
Midshift said:
Okay, so im new to the Escape/Tribute/ Mariner..

I have an '05 Mariner "Luxory" (without rear sub/amp box), so is the layout of the Factory rear sub the same between the 3 companies vehicles and same generations? Ex 01-04 (?),05-07 (?), etc..

I may look into going shopping at a local "candy store" (Salvage lot) for that OEM look but of course put better quality products on/in it..

I will be replacing my speakers and the Ford 6-Disc cd changer but would like the sub/amp assembly, which is why I ask what years models will fit (with new panel) in my 05
I THINK I MAY have answered my own question..
Just went to Autotrader and looked at pics of the 3 manufacturers and vehicles through certain years

1 - 12 of 12 Posts