Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so when I installed my new head unit my sub would pop at startup. Why is this happening? (I ended up just unplugging it)

If I can get a decent amount of sound out of the stock sub I may just pull out my whole box....i hate pulling them out all the time and I would rather Callie ride in the back and keep her hair off the seats.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I prefer that our dogs, two little Bichon Frise's, ride in the back. :thumb: But for some reason they don't see things the way that I do. :confused: Niether does my wife. ;-|

Oh well. :shrug: :lol:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Mine does the same thing, it's becuase when the aftermarket deck is powered on, it powers the turn on wire and the internal amp all at the same time, where as with the stock head unit, the turn on wire would power up slightly before the amp on the deck would, eliminating this popping noise. Its the same concept when doing anything with pro audio. When your using any kind of mixing board and amps, the golden rule is you turn your board on first, amps second, to avoid this popping noise. (When powering off it's reversed, amp off first, board last). It doesn't damage your gear, just can be a little annoying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts