Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford Australia has announced that from next month the Falcon GT will be getting the new 5.0 litre supercharged engine based on the coyote engine.
The GT-spec engine produces 335kW (450 Hp) of power at 5750-6000 rpm and 570Nm of torque between 2200 & 5500rpm.

So the entire Ford Performance Vehicle range will be either supercharged

or turbocharged

:wave:

·
Registered
700 Posts
That is a nice looking car. Why can't we get cool cars like that over here? I'd look at getting that over a Mustang, purely for the fact that I can keep it when Little ISU Jr. comes along.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
ISU01XCapeXLT said:
Why can't we get cool cars like that over here?
Lawyers and insurance costs... :cuss:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
WOW! that thing is awesome :drool: :drool: :drool: . I would definitely buy that in a heart beat. I like the Green one the best. I didn't know that Ford still made the Ford Falcons. It should be made in the US also.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Ford Mustang four door? :thumb:

ISU01XCapeXLT said:
Why can't we get cool cars like that over here?
I agree. GM did it with the short lived Pontiac G8. The G8 GXP 6 speed manual... :drool: :drool:

:topic:

Sweet car.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UK PONY said:
Ford Europe & Ford Australia always have nice designs. Here you'll just have to settle for the Taurus SHO :)
The long term future of the Australian Falcon is uncertain past the current model. With Fords objective for global car platforms, a local RWD large car platform does not fit in with the model. So we may end up with a Taurus replacing the Falcon in a few years time. :(

·
Super Moderator
16,330 Posts
Aussi make it right! I love the falcon in green and black, looks very special with really sports appearence.

French

·
Registered
93 Posts
i love that car, hmm how to import one or afford one

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Wow.. that's a great looking car!! I agree with xltduratec.. how to get one...

Though I did see a 1961 Falcon that needed a little attention. The only thing was it wasn't for sale. I've always had a soft spot for the Falcon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts