Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just got an 02 Escape(today :clap: ) with a factory remote start and alarm. It's been in my driveway all day and all of a sudden the alarm started to go off :shock: . I used the remote and unlocked the doors to turn it off. Locked them again via the remote and 1 minute later the alarm went off again. Story repeats 3 more times. Now I left it unlocked for an hour and locked it again with the remote and all is fine... for now. I'm afraid to keep it locked in case it goes off again when I'm not home and it sits in my driveway.

Any idea of the problem or how to fix? Any way to just disable the alarm forever?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
if you lock your doors using your key fob, then unlock the drivers door manually then close the door, you will see your lights flash to indicate your doors are closed. open the door and your horn will go off. well that happened on my 04. i know this cause i was washing it and the kids kept running over and opening the door so i locked it, but like i said unlocked the drivers door using the button then threw the keys on the seat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.