Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a well used 2005 Escape and there are a few minor issues that I want to try to fix. The first on my list is to repair the three fan/temp/vent controls. The thin plastic around the dials (the part with the actual diagrams & labels) has been broken and pushed in in a number of places. It's still attached but it's in no way smooth and at night a lot of light shines through the broken holes. I was figuring to either find some sort of replacements at the local pick n pull, likely from a different model, or just simply my hand at making my own.

Anyway, my question is: how can remove the front panel around the center stack? It looks like it should just come off but I'm not really sure how and I don't want to try to force it if I'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
If my browsing memory for Escape City serves me right, you just need to give it a hearty tug. If it makes you feel better, find someone else to help. Four hands = better pull distribution. I had someone help me remove the upper vent trim piece with me since I was too afraid to do it myself.. and it came out with significantly less difficulty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts