Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! :hi:

I have an assignment for my journalism class to write a feature story. I decided to write about E-C. We are not like other chat forum sites for cars. We have become a close-knit family. We usually talk daily about our cars, life, jobs, and anything else. My angle for this story is how we can be far a part from each other but still good friends. I invite anyone and everyone to share their thoughts about the site, their car, why they are on the site, etc.

For starters...

Your name- First and last since I must name you if I use any quotes or info from you. If you do not feel comfortable posting it on the thread just pm it to me. It will only be used for purposes of this paper. The only other person to see it will be my professor. I am planning on posting the story on E-C after I am done and if you would like me to change it to your screenname I can.

Your location-

Your vehicle-

Why you joined E-C-

What do you enjoy about E-C

Why you have decided to stick around- and for those who post daily, what keeps you checking this daily?

That is what I have come up with. If there is something you would like to add please feel free. I am excited about this story and I think it will turn out great. Thank you taking the time to read this an or fill it out! :thumb:

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,623 Posts
Your name-
Charles Ramsey

Your location-
Oak Ridge, TN

Your vehicle-
Used to be 2003 Ford Escape XLT. Now is 2007 Cadillac SRX

Why you joined E-C-

I was member number 19 here in the City. I, along with all the people who started E-C, were all members of another Escape forum that was not updated much. If memory serves me correctly, Jon Park, Site Administrator of Escape City, was told if you think you can do a better forum, go ahead. JP did just that. It took me a couple of weeks to find the site. The rest is history. There are presently over 3200 members of Escape City. I don't participate that much in the threads where people are wanting details on how to modify their Escapes anymore. I participate mainly in wishing members birthday threads, the Local Weather Reports thread, Twitter Twash thread, and the Pet Pics thread.

I enjoy the people that visit the most interesting forum on the planet.

Why you have decided to stick around- and for those who post daily, what keeps you checking this daily?

I enjoy see what is going on with everyone in the ' My Day Went' thread. I also enjoy seeing the Twitter Twash and Local Weather Report threads as well as the Picture of the Day and Pet Pics threads. My granddog Duke has been a frequent contributor to the Pet Pic thread. There are a lot of very talented photographers here in the City. The member the2belo comes to mind. His pictures give me a chance to visit Japan where I probably will never go in real life.

OK J. Here is my initial contribution to your article.

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,623 Posts
The other site was very impersonal from my perspective. It took me a couple of months to get added to that website. E-C, on the other hand, is more like a family where you feel welcome and at home. I feel comfortable here in the City.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Anything to help out an EC friend :beer:

Your name- Travis (I'll PM you full name, Travis is fine for public view)

Your location- Bowling Green, KY

Your vehicle- 2001 Ford Escape XLS 4 Cylinder 4x4

Why you joined E-C- To learn what others were doing with their Escape's, get ideas, and share my experiences with the vehicle. I had attempted to join the "other" Escape forum but had no luck, and upon finding this board immediately signed up.

What do you enjoy about E-C-

First of all I'm most pleased with the atmosphere. People here are nice, friendly, and have a cheerful attitude. Doesn't matter if we are talking about technical details of the Escape or our pet peeves, seem like everyone gets along without being snarky, rude, or just indifferent. Even if no one is really able to help you at least you get a "good luck" and moral support. This is not the normal attitude on forum boards that I've experienced, every board has a different "feel" and this one is among the very few I've found that has an exceptionally kind atmosphere.

Besides the social factors, I really enjoy getting ideas and information on the Escape. I'm usually pretty technically oriented, and like mechanical projects, but don't have a lot of real world experience. Talking to folks here who have accomplished tasks before and can offer advice and sometimes instruction really helps my confidence level starting in on a project I've never attempted before. I've worked on my Escape more and fixed more issues since I joined than before, simply because I had a little help, and a reason to be enthused about how the repair went so I could report back with my success (or failure) and if everything went smooth to document it for future reference, hopefully to help out the next person and pass on the help that was offered to me.

I stick around because I like it here. I am a member of many forums, but only check a few regularly because they all don't have the same community feeling as this one. The kind atmosphere of this place kind of sticks on you and makes you want to maintain it and be a nicer person yourself. I know on other boards you seem to be encouraged in the opposite direction, and coming from some of those boards I had to adjust to this one and work on putting more effort into chiming in if I could help, adding a well wish to a thread on someones bad experience, or congratulating an accomplishment.

I don't feel I know all the members here well, but we all have something in common, our vehicle, and find other things from there. I come back every day because there is no telling what someone will come up with next, be it Escape related or not, and with this group it never fails to be interesting.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Your name-

Juan Pablo Romero

Your location-

Bogotá, Colombia.

Your vehicle-

Black 2010 Escape V6 XLT 4WD

Why you joined E-C-

Honestly I found EC, searching in the web if there was a way to get the fog lights on with the highs :blush: .

I enjoy the atmosphere, i dont know is something intagible, i guess is just the "closeness" one feel with the other EC Members, its really nice has a good vibe....first i've felt on a forum.

Another thing i really like is to see what can be done with an Escape, from Offroading, towing, i dont know is really cool to see your own rig doing things you want to do, but cant (time, money, location, etc), or other simply you wouldnt...but still
are cool to see (lamborghini doors?).

And obviously the support part, is always nice to have someone to ask anything of your car, from advice to deep tech info. Or just to rant with people who can relate with you carwise.

Im beginning to believe EC is addictive... :lol:

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Name:panos Papanicolaou.May be hard to pronounce but is the last name of the doctor who invented the Pap test.His first name was George.No relationship.
Vehicle:2004 Ford Maverick, (Escape in the US), V6 3000cc.
Why I joined EC:To share and exchange views, opinions and experiences about my vehicle with people from all walks of life, with different age and various nationalities.
What I enjoy about EC:Realizing every day that there are so many issues in one's life that car literature can take the back seat.
Why sticking around:Because of the special composition of the EC glue.It is strong and effective and at the same time it is soft, gentle and humorous.
What keeps me post daily:The need to communicate and be part of this special composition mentioned above.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Your location-

Ft Lauderdale FL USA

Your vehicle-

2004 XLT 3.0 AWD - 1.5 liter Supercharger

Why you joined E-C-

I was the second member to join after JPark. As mentioned above - the first settlers in the "City" moved from a more Central location but found life there a bit frustrating. There was a good social community and good technical community but as with many places, a strong negative vibe was allowed to develop. Poor moderating and site management brought the place down. The first settlers of the "City" moved across the internet(s) looking for a promised land with the raw materials to make a new start with all the good things we knew our forum could be.

The Peeps, the tech and the stories! Also the international friends that we would only know because of this type of communication. Tis Cool man!!! :rockon:

Cause it's my internet home.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Name: You already know. ;)

Vehicle: 08 Ford Escape XLT V6 (hubby's) 09 Mariner Hybrid (mine)

Joined E-C: March 11, 2008

Why I joined E - C : I was also a member of another E-C site which I joined initially to learn more about the Ford Escape because we were considering purchasing one. I became attached to some of the members over there and very much enjoyed reading their posts on a daily basis. I didn't post much at the other site as I am a quiet person and it takes me a while to open up to others. I don't want to get into major detail about that other site but I will say that I could see turmoil building and knew that another site was in the works. I knew that I wanted to join the new site and follow the people that I had grown attached to and participate and get to know them better. I got lucky and one day saw a link to the new site over there, and immediately joined. The reason I joined THIS site really has absolutely nothing to do with the vehicle I drive. It is the people. :heart:

What I enjoy about E-C : I very much enjoy spending time with the most caring and finest people that I have ever met in an online forum. Sharing with all of you has truly been a blessing in my life and I couldn't imagine not being able to spend time with all of you. I say that my vehicle has nothing to do with why I joined the site and that is true, but had it not been for our interest in the Ford Escape back in 2007, I would never have met any of you.
I also enjoy checking out other Escapes, Mariners, and Tributes on the site as well as the different mods, but that is really a very small part of the reason I come here.

I also like coming here because some of you have me laughing so hard at times that I have tears running down the side of my face. :lol:

Why I stick around: I stick around because I have become close to some of you and love all of you very much and always want you to be a part of my life. :heart:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Name: David Midgley

Vehicle: 08 Mazda Tribute (wife's car)

Why I joined: To find out more about Escapes/Mariners/Tributes before buying one. I tried to join another site that I found, but the site never gave me a passcode reply to join. I continued to research for information on E/M/T and found E-C.

What I enjoy about E-C: It's more social than vehicular, but there are several people far more knowledgeable than I about mechanics and electronics of the machines. Entertainment wise, someone is always posting a photo, quote or other fun thing to peruse and enjoy.

Why I decided to stick around: I have made several friends on the site, some I have actually met in person. Still others that I share other interests and other sites with.
I don't care for those other sites that are full of negative personalities. I have made a choice to not return to them. Ever. E-C is where I belong.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Your name- Eric Paquette

Your location- Jacksonville Florida

Your vehicle- 2005 Ford Escape XLT 2WD No Boundaries

Why you joined E-C- Like the Founding Fathers, I met them on another website while searching for repair and upgrade info for my Escape. After performing all the mods I wanted to on my vehicle, I stuck around to help others plus I enjoyed some of the social aspect of the site. When the City was created, I immediately started up here because it had all the benefits of the previous page plus a much more friendly atmosphere and virtually none of the negativity due to proper moderating and site management. Thanks guys! :thumb:

What I enjoy about E-C: I enjoy being a "resident" of the City because of it's fun and friendly nature. Lots of knowledge about both E/M/Ts and other car related items. I feel I'm part of a community that stretches from Florida to Australia to Greece, Japan and even exotic Nebraska! I also like the moderating, trolling and spamming are virtually non-existent! :clap:

Why you have decided to stick around- I enjoy the daily threads like Twitter Twash and Song Game. I also like the articles people post I may not have found while browsing the web. Plus, any web site with Bill the Cat as a emoticon has my vote. :bill:

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
I voted for him for president in 1984. "Ack!"

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
I had the Flexi Disc of Billy and the Boingers in one of my Bloom County books. It had "You-Stink-But-I-(Heart)-You" featuring Opus's tuba solos and "Billy and the Boingers" on the other side.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts