Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every body! This n00b is going to help you all with getting nice looking fender flares. I was talking with a gentleman at HPA Motorsports and we might be able to get a limited production line going making Escapes these Carbon Fiber fender flares. First off I need to get a bunch of people interested in it so we can find out if it's possible and then how much they would cost. SO, if you ARE SERIOUSLY INTERESTED! I need you to let me know either on here OR if you are one of the people looking at this site and are not registerd yet but are still interested you can send me an email. If you send me an email tell me your name and give me a way to contact you.

My email address is [email protected]

Here are some pics of what the flares look like.



 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,977 Posts
If only I had bigger tires, I would get some. Right now I run 215s in the summer and that would just look stupid with big flares.

If I had 4x4 I would ask for that snorkel too, but you would have to export the majority to Australia to make any sort of money on that. :))
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's basically meant to give it a little bit more aggresive sides and so we can actually fit 8" wide rims on our cars without having them poke out the sides. I think that looks kind of tacky when I see it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Squishy said:
If only I had bigger tires, I would get some. Right now I run 215s in the summer and that would just look stupid with big flares.

If I had 4x4 I would ask for that snorkel too, but you would have to export the majority to Australia to make any sort of money on that. :))
ARB has a place in Washington for the states.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bloodtrocuted said:
...but??? But what? You showed me a link to something that isn't made for a Ford Escape.



I have spent many hours looking for stuff for the Escape and didn't find anything that looked nice. I went to this website (http://focustuning.com/New_Escape.htm) and got all excited about those products only to find they didn't actually make any of that stuff. SO, I got in contact with somebody there and I was able to buy that snorkel off of that Escape, THEN I found out that in order for me to get the wider rims I wanted I would need wider fenders. I knew HPA didn't make them so I searched tons of places (including Autoeverything.com) and didn't find anything that looked even remotely good. So after I talked to someone on Escape-Central.com I found out that there could be a small market for these things so I contacted the guy I knew over there from me buying that snorkel and we talked about it and now we might get a small production going of it. Now I need to find people who would SERIOUSLY be interested so we can get the price down quite a bit and make this more of a possibility. So far there are 9 of us who want them.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,902 Posts
maybe more if they'll work on a Trib.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,736 Posts
They look alot like the flares on my Ranger, that being said I just couldn't visualize them on a Escape. Sorry. They look well made though.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,571 Posts
weebee said:
They look alot like the flares on my Ranger, that being said I just couldn't visualize them on a Escape. Sorry. They look well made though.
I agree. I can't see them on an Escape but they sure do look good on that Ranger of yours weebee. That Ranger is one fine looking truck !! :))
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
02escape said:
Bloodtrocuted said:
...but??? But what? You showed me a link to something that isn't made for a Ford Escape.



I have spent many hours looking for stuff for the Escape and didn't find anything that looked nice. I went to this website (http://focustuning.com/New_Escape.htm) and got all excited about those products only to find they didn't actually make any of that stuff. SO, I got in contact with somebody there and I was able to buy that snorkel off of that Escape, THEN I found out that in order for me to get the wider rims I wanted I would need wider fenders. I knew HPA didn't make them so I searched tons of places (including Autoeverything.com) and didn't find anything that looked even remotely good. So after I talked to someone on Escape-Central.com I found out that there could be a small market for these things so I contacted the guy I knew over there from me buying that snorkel and we talked about it and now we might get a small production going of it. Now I need to find people who would SERIOUSLY be interested so we can get the price down quite a bit and make this more of a possibility. So far there are 9 of us who want them.
I respectfully disagree about the compatibility.

That picture is just a sample photo on a Nissan titan. It would cost a lot to have a photo of every vehicles application, but I see where you are coming from.

Someone on escape-Central had ATS fender flares. Unfortunately, I don't remember who had them. I suppose that I will be the guinea pig for these.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bloodtrocuted said:
I respectfully disagree about the compatibility.

That picture is just a sample photo on a Nissan titan. It would cost a lot to have a photo of every vehicles application, but I see where you are coming from.

Someone on escape-Central had ATS fender flares. Unfortunately, I don't remember who had them. I suppose that I will be the guinea pig for these.
I think you missed the part where THEY DON'T MAKE THEM FOR ESCAPES. Unless you can physically prove that they do then I will shut up about it. Notice in the big red circle I made that it says these don't exist for that car?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
Scratch that, I called ATS and they no longer make them for the escape. So back to square one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bloodtrocuted said:
Scratch that, I called ATS and they no longer make them for the escape. So back to square one.
;) This n00b knows what he is talking about SOME times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
02escape said:
Bloodtrocuted said:
Scratch that, I called ATS and they no longer make them for the escape. So back to square one.
;) This n00b knows what he is talking about SOME times.
We have our moments. :bill:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
When will they be available and how much will they cost?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bloodtrocuted said:
When will they be available and how much will they cost?
Well....I need to know how many people will want them then I will see how much they will cost and then we will see when they will be available. So, do I take it that you would want one if they were reasonably priced?
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top