Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see this mentioned yet, but I've been PC less a few days, the PS went out :cry: a new one should be in when I wake up ;)

So anyway I saw this list on yahoo's page about the most clunkers traded in, 6 of the top 10 were different years of the Explorer, and 1 windstar (the other 3 were Cherokees & a grand caravan) But #5 on the buy list was the Escape! #1 was Focus! :D Ford has 2 of the top 10 purchases, only out done by Toyota that has 3 and tied with Honda also at 2.

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/aut...Ec2VjA2ZwLXRvZGF5BHNsawNjbHVua2VyLXRyYWRlcw--

So our membership should increase!

Humm charge them $4500 entrance fee????? :lol: jk

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
I don't feel that the $45,000.00 is worth my going back into DEBT. The best ride you can have is one that is pd. for.

1997 Windstar 146,743 miles NO PAYMENTS
2003 Escape 47,582 miles NO PAYMENTS
I'm happy with what I've got. :shades: :beer: :thumb: :yes:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I'm with JJ. I only buy something else when the old one takes way more $$$ in repairs than what it would cost to buy a new one. I'm talking like six monthly payments in one year. So our machines tend to be kept till death (or near death) do us part... :lol:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
One issue I take with with C4C is the trading in of perfectly good (if not great) running vehicles. I agree if you have one that is getting pain$$ful to keep running that perhaps shouldn't be on the road and you have the resources go for it. On the flip side there are those who have vehicles that NEED to be off the road but cannot afford to pony up for a new car, even with the gov't help.

But to take the attitude of a co-worker of mine and "stick it to the man" (gov't I'd guess?, and he mentioned the UAW)... and get his hands on some of those funds...I dunno. Traded in an 2000'ish Nissan Quest, he's now in a 2010 Honda Accord. This in a time where our company has struggled. Two rounds of lay-offs and we all took a pay cut. I guess not all of us feels like cinching up the financial belt.

I chastised him for not buying a Ford, or at least domestic. He starts spouting about his Ford's he had 20 years ago and what crap they were. I 'bout lost it right there in his office. I had to remind him that it is an entirely different company than back then. After the chastisement he did admit that Ford would be the only domestic maker he'd consider buying. And he did mention the Accords ARE built in the US... which I think he's correct.

:rant: Rant over... :play:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
08HybridOK said:
Humm charge them $4500 entrance fee????? :lol: jk
:calvin:

I like that idea!!!

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
futameca said:
After the chastisement he did admit that Ford would be the only domestic maker he'd consider buying. And he did mention the Accords ARE built in the US... which I think he's correct.
Alot of people feel this way. They are failing to come to gripes with the fact that the FoMoCo is in many ways building better cars than the non-domestic companies. They haven't adjusted their perspective to the facts as they actually are. For years the Asians built better cars right here in the U S of A. But that isn't true any longer. Imo, my opinion...the Accord is the inferior car to the Fusion or the Taurus, or for that matter the Malibu. Right now! Yes, it is built in the US of A. Ohio to be exact. Has been for decades... :shrug:

BTW, since I'm ragging the Accord. Have you ever looked at the rear end of the new Accord coupe? To me it looks like it has full diapers... :hyst:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
jonas1022 said:
futameca said:
After the chastisement he did admit that Ford would be the only domestic maker he'd consider buying. And he did mention the Accords ARE built in the US... which I think he's correct.
Alot of people feel this way. They are failing to come to gripes with the fact that the FoMoCo is in many ways building better cars than the non-domestic companies. They haven't adjusted their perspective to the facts as they actually are. For years the Asians built better cars right here in the U S of A. But that isn't true any longer. Imo, my opinion...the Accord is the inferior car to the Fusion or the Taurus, or for that matter the Malibu. Right now! Yes, it is built in the US of A. Ohio to be exact. Has been for decades... :shrug:

BTW, since I'm ragging the Accord. Have you ever looked at the rear end of the new Accord coupe? To me it looks like it has full diapers... :hyst:
## :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
He is my take on older meaning 86 and newer anything past 86 :) . if you take care of the car the car will take care of you. my domestic cars have lasted as long as my import that was built in Alabama. I followed the service suggestions, 4X4 the crap out of most of them and still got over 100,000 miles on all except the Jimmy but that was a tranny recall.
Back to the thread, I think Ford has been on the right track for a while as far as quality.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
megascape said:
He is my take on older meaning 86 and newer anything past 86 :) . if you take care of the car the car will take care of you. my domestic cars have lasted as long as my import that was built in Alabama. I followed the service suggestions, 4X4 the crap out of most of them and still got over 100,000 miles on all except the Jimmy but that was a tranny recall.
Back to the thread, I think Ford has been on the right track for a while as far as quality.
##

I agree with you megascape.

Ford have come a long way. :)

I will never ever go for a hyundai.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.