Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so with help from some people from here (thank you fourthmeal) and research im almost done my fiberglass box. didnt turn out to bad for my first time working with fiberglass. could have been smoother but i learned alot for next time around. here are some pics so far i will post up more when i fully complete it.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
OH! Darn Tootin!, that set up looks quite stunning. That be a, snazzy rear cargo bay you have. :) :yes: :clap: :thumb: :thumb:

Congratulations Breensy!. :) :shades:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Looks GREAT!! :beer:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Ouch. Fiberglassing is hard, isn't it? :)

To cover up your stuff there, I would recommend stretchy carpet, probably black.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol yeah looked easy on the how to video's :p

you mean cover up the front in material? i have a black "pleather" vinyl over the back end right now. the front isnt so bad the camera makes it look worse. but maybe i will either sand and do some more bondo or find a nice material to wrap the front in, we will see.

sounds much much better than the crappy old box i had in there though.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Well, sound quality wise it is probably a huge step up. BUT...looks wise fiberglass boxes should be 100% completely smooth. It is not easy. When I work with fiberglass (and I hate doing it), I charge a big premium because of the sanding/filling work needed to make it just right.

That said, if you want it to look pretty smooth to the eye, you can use stretchy carpet to tame the shape.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.