Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Just heard it on the radio. Sad, just sad.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
It's the big story on the Weather Channel right now. They are saying it was probably caused by ice. Very sad. My prayers are with everyone involved.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Such a schame. So close yet so far from landing. My GOD be with all those folks and their Loved Ones.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
This is truly terrible news! Never like hearing about things like this! May God be with all of the families and friends involved.

·
Registered
174 Posts
That Continental prop jet crashed about 10 miles from JP's house, about 25 miles from mine. Crashed in a co-worker's neighborhood - he was one of the first people on the scene last night. Unbelievable, scary and tragic.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Wow, very tragic!!! SOOO GLAD you and JP are okay. :heart:

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
I used to work on a different version of that plane, DeHavilland Dash-8 for USAirways. Ours were -100 and -200 (shorter models), the -400 that crashed has a longer fuselage for more passengers. They're very safe and forgiving aircraft so I was suprised to see one go down like that, I would suspect icing as well.

On an even more tragic note, one of the passengers was the widow of a man who died in the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Whenever I hear about a plane crash, it reminds me that, when I'm at work fixing aircraft, that people's lives depend on me to do my job right. Even more so now it's Navy aircraft that fly into hostile weather and environments.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
I just saw on the news that the NTSB says that the auto pilot was on why would that be? With those Vilont conditions

·
Registered
13 Posts
very tragic and shocking for us, I have a neighbor who was on the plane. We both are 19, we both went to school together, His family found out very shortly after it went down. Luckly the local news has not picked it up, becuase his name has not yet been released. The last thing his family needs is the news knocking at the door and trying to get an interview.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
This kind of news is bad enough....just knowing all the innocent lives that were tragicly lost...but to lose someone so close to you on top of it makes it 100x worse.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Hey I'm really sorry to hear that you lost a dear friend in this crash. Sometimes we have to wonder why stuff like this has to happen to folks we know and are close to. It seems as though the LORD doesn't care for these folks,but remember that is far from the truth. There is a reason for everything hapening just sometimes we can't figure it out. Please keep in mind that all those folks are in a much better place now! ALL WE CAN DO IS BELIEVE AND HAVE FAITH. :yes:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
escapeblk said:
very tragic and shocking for us, I have a neighbor who was on the plane. We both are 19, we both went to school together, His family found out very shortly after it went down. Luckly the local news has not picked it up, becuase his name has not yet been released. The last thing his family needs is the news knocking at the door and trying to get an interview.
I'm so very sorry. :heart:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts