Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2013 SEL has every bell and whistle except NAV and a rear camera. It has the factory tow pkg so it doesn't have the foot eye for the auto tailgate. I love the little 2.0 turbo suv and the sync 2 however I missed having nav like I have in my Toyota truck. I finally broke down and bought a $15 FORSCAN tool and a $21 A11 map sd card. I cannot believe how easy this was to do. First updated to 3.10 software. Simply loaded the navipatch and the nav software Then went into the APIM with the scan tool and changed 1 digit. BAM nav is fully operational. My sync 2 is the one with 4 quadrants. The nav quadrant only showed a large compass with the word INFORMATION above it. After changing the APIM and adding software it now has a small compass with the word NAVIGATION above it. Now I can map my way to the 7-11.
Map World Font Gps navigation device Line

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After activating navigation the only option this Escape is missing is a rear camera. After pricing various options, including the lockpick, I decided to go with a license plate mounted camera and a separate 4.3 inch dash/windshield mounted screen. The screen is a good fit to the left of the steering wheel on the dash. Total cost $21. I then did not like needing to power the screen to the passenger side fuse box. I took a chance and made an extended power cable to reach the brake light for a tap together with the camera power. Did not use the trigger wire attached to each end of the video cable. I soldered the wiring and shrink wrapped the joints. Put everything together and bench tested it and it works great. Now the install should be simple by pulling the 2 cables together from the tailgate to the monitor up front. I will post pictures after I install it. The funny thing is that I am considering selling this Escape with only 69k miles. I have been putting money into upgrades for my 2008 Tacoma, with 84k miles, to include wheels, leather seat covers, new springs and struts, rear camera, android touch screen, wifi, nav and repainting the bad clear coat on the hood and roof. We still have a 2016 Escape with only 41k miles so not giving up on Escapes. Pictures coming soon.

·
Administrator
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude 4x4
20,746 Posts
Did you get a Bluetooth or a wired camera? Bluetooth cameras MAY have some lag time between what happens on the camera and when it appears on the display.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts