Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After Big Chris suggested it to me over 3 months ago, I can now reveal my first modification to the Maverick...

Clear Side Indicator's :yahoo:
Must admit I do like the way it doesn't stand out like the amber ones did.
Now I just need to hard wire the 240V inverter into the car :worry:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
The clear lense is more attractive on your Maverick. I did not think it would be significantly different, but was mistaken. It is a definite improvement!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Looks great :)
The first mod I did too

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
It does look better against the silver.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Or any light color for that matter. :play: Dark colors need not apply... :bag:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
That looks really good!

I am trying to figure out where to install my inverter as well. Mine is this one:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
If your a tailgate party person, I would most certainly look in the backend of the Escape for a good out of the way location. It would be much easier if you had an Excursion to find a place in the back, then again that might not be so much fun! :confused:

If your were Mr. Handyman, I'd say up under the hood near the battery... :whistle:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I mostly got it for plugging in my laptop so I think I would want it up front somewhere...now finding where is the hard part.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Under the front passenger seat, mounted on the backside of the glove box, in front of the console some vehicles has enough room. I've driven a few Tribbies and an Mariner but just haven't paid attention to the inside that much. In my Bullitt I could mount it inside the center console and still have room left over. Maybe there?

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Yeah...Ill have to play around and see what works.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Scooter Scott said:
I am trying to figure out where to install my inverter as well.
Having spent most of this afternoon pondering this problem, I've decided to mount the invertor under the bonnet, and wire it directly to the battery, via an on/off switch mounted discretely under the dashboard.
From the invertor, the best way I can describe it is to run an extension lead to both a socket in the front passenger footwell, and in the boot, giving the option of 240V power in both locations, done in a similar style to a house ring-main circuit
The cable can be hidden behind the cars interior panels, and I intend to use black rubber plugs.
What I'm trying to acheive is an install that doesn't involve "hacking" any interior panels, etc about, and can easily be transferred to another vehicle, should I sell the Maverick.
I only intend it to power a laptop / mobile phone charger, an air inflator for our dinghy, and possibly a handlamp at night, but not run all at once!

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Your mod to your Maverick looks marvelously magnificent!! :wave: :wave:

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,583 Posts
Yeah, what she said!!! It does look great Camus. Good luck with the inverter.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dasha said:
Your mod to your Maverick looks marvelously magnificent!! :wave: :wave:
cbramsey said:
Yeah, what she said!!! It does look great Camus. Good luck with the inverter.
Scooter Scott said:
That looks really good!
MadMax said:
It does look better against the silver.
:blush: Many thanks :blush:
To think it only cost me £9 to purchase the lenses as well, including the postage, of eBay ;)
Even the lads at work thought it was a good mod :blush:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
You know I am guessing not...it has a lot of openings in it and I don't think that the innards of the inverter is outdoorsy proof.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
im sorry if i repeat anyone. i didnt read all the replies. looks great. as for your power inverter, ive been debating on hard wiring mine in. i though about mounting it on the floor under the dash behind the center cluster there seems to be plenty of useless space there. and you could run the wires from it under all the center plastics and hide the plugs in the center console or buy a plug from a car that has one already and mount it in your dash somewhere. that would look the most stock in my opinions. i do know that the pontiac vibe and the toyota matrix as well as the escape hybred all have a 120V power plug. im guessing you could find a 240V plug from a vehicle over the pond at the dealer or a junk yard.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Thats a great idea!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts