Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the Setina PB 400 Push bumper I've been wanting. Sorry for the snow but there's a blizzard out right now :) anyway. There's very few images anywhere that show this bumper on an Escape...I'll take more when it's nice out.

·
Super Moderator
16,326 Posts
Nice set up :thumb: An E interceptor :thumb:

Do you plan on putting some lights.

And I like snow pics :thumb: :shades:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
That is one mean-looking push bumper. I like it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No lights. No sirens. That REALLY pushing it and I could get charged. :) Spotlights and antennas are legal but probably not worth the attention ... I have another mod in mind. So I'll post when and if I do it. Setina did a really good job on the looks of this bumper though

And Frenchy. You like snow huh. This bumper and it's 35lbs really helped out yesterday and today getting dumped on. Amazing the difference it made. Worth the cost right there.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Love it! Did it fit right from the factory or did you have to "mod" it? I would definitely replace my steelcraft bull bar with that!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rikshap001 said:
Love it! Did it fit right from the factory or did you have to "mod" it? I would definitely replace my steelcraft bull bar with that!
I went to a place in Michigan, they do a lot of vehicle outfits for surrounding cities and counties....I had them install it, I could have installed it myself as the instructions are pretty detailed but I was going there to pick it up anyway...cost $145 for them to install it...

As the instructions show, nothing needs to be modded....they removed a piece, and I don't know why...once i find out what it is in my other post I'll look at things when it gets warmer....plus I need to lower my licence plate....

other then cutting into the bumper cover, and drilling a few holes in the bumper, no other mods are needed....

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
That definitely looks mean! 35lbs though?! Let us know if that affects your mileage at all. Does your E sit level or is the front lower?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Escape94 said:
That definitely looks mean! 35lbs though?! Let us know if that affects your mileage at all. Does your E sit level or is the front lower?
Front seems a bit lower. Not by much though. It wasn't completely level before I added this. I just filled up, so I'll have an idea how the fuel will be...I shall post.

They have an aluminum which is lighter, but I wanted black and the steel they use is quality...

The added 35lbs though has done great in the snow. Big difference I've noticed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Is it a universal bumper? How much was the part?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Those wheels and push bumper really make the Escape look mean. I like it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That specific bumper is made for the 08 - 12 ford escape. With horizontal mark resistant pad it was around $325 plus freight and taxes. $145 for install, however could have done it myself if I really wanted too.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Any word on mileage changes?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I lied. It was $260 plus $80 for freight.

Mileage. Well, I'm in canada so I'm set to KM. It's tough to say so far with the snow and busy season. A lot of stop and go in the city, plus I've been doing a lot of idling.

I drove about 350km down the highway a couple days ago. My scan gauge reported 8.8L/100KM. Before the bumper, I only had the dash which told me 8L/100 KM.

City is showing around 14.4L/100KM but like I said a lot of stop and go and bad weather as well as idling on break at work.

I'll keep you posted. Got to drive back today home today with a mix if city and hwy...

·
Registered
448 Posts
My v6 claims 9L hwy, 11L city

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Mdnghtdevert said:
I lied. It was $260 plus $80 for freight.
So $340 to the door basically. Guess it's worth it considering the quality. Wonder if it would fit an '01 :)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts