Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Mdnghtdevert said:
According to the installation PDF, yes.

And it was $80 to their shop. Drop shipped to canada would have cost more.
Ok gotcha

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well on the way back I my ultragauge showed just under 9L/100km. Driving down the highway and stopping in Hamilton etc. Seemed consistent with my drive up to the niagara area. I'll monitor city over the next week after my fill up and let you know.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Really like this addition to our Escapes and hope to add it in the future to MTNEscaped.
Thanks for posting it. :thumb:

·
Registered
100 Posts
ExplorerTom said:
It won't effect mileage much more than what carrying a passenger effects your mileage. It doesn't change the frontal area significantly or weigh all that much. Any "change" in mileage will more than likely be lost in the statistical noise.
The aluminum one might fare better but the steel one will give you more ballast over the front wheels for traction.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
No specific part number I'm aware of...pb400 is a broad setina model as each bar is custom for each model vehicle they make for. There's also a PB300 a bit more expensive.

I'll get a link to the instructions tomorrow when I have access to my Mac.

Also Expect a lead time of 6 weeks for the bumper to be manufacturered.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Where specifically did you order it from? How does it attach to the front unibody? How solid is it, would you actually trust it to nudge another vehicle and not be damaged or bent?

~Nate

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
expressonate said:
Where specifically did you order it from? How does it attach to the front unibody? How solid is it, would you actually trust it to nudge another vehicle and not be damaged or bent?

~Nate
I haven't been on my Mac, I'll post the install instructions soon.

If you read the beginning of the thread it states where I got it from however it's from Setina, they have distributors all over the US and Canada.

This is the same bar that is used on police and other emergency vehicles, except their vehicles typically aren't unibodys. Some are though.

The bracket is attached to the bumper from behind it, in front of the unibody stud points. It is bolted to the unibody through the bumper and bolted to the bumper as well. The bracket extends through the bumper cover and is attached to the push bumper at 4 points with 8 bolts.

It is very solid. Perfect welds. They're functional push bumpers at slow speeds

Many confuse these with ram bars. They are not. They will more then likely twist the unibody in a higher speed impact.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Setina Pushbars can go on unibody cars, We install them on the Impala 9c1, the Interceptor sedan and utility. the only problem we have noticed on the Setina Products are the Corrosion issues on the Mounts. the paint falls off. its best to have it powder coated as soon as you get it. and the Hardware supplied is Grade 3. other then that they hold up very well.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
chilledboost said:
I just ordered mine. i got the PB400L with the LEDs for 325 Shipped
I assume you do something in which you can utilize the LEDs ? :) the new LEDs setina is using on this bar are nice too.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
BTW, for anyone thinking of adding this bar, EXPECT at some point added interest from Law enforcement. Some guys love the look of these bars, but some, use them as a reason to pull you over to have a conversation. Hasn't happened yet, but I've noticed some attention and noted police behind me running my plate.

Just a word of advice. If you have police problems, it's best to stay away from this bar :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Agreed, however, I had a cruiser turn around and speed up behind me and follow me after I drove by..I'm not concerned, but throwing it out there that this bar will potentially draw more attention, wanted or not over say a steelcraft setup.

It would More so if it was a retired CVPI or something the Police use, like suburbans etc.

Anyway just throwing it out there, some may not think of that aspect.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I mean Setina is a pretty exclusive service company...

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Escape94 said:
I mean Setina is a pretty exclusive service company...
That it is....good products though...and nicer looking then equally priced bull bars IMO...not to mention functional :)

It's why I went with Setina, it's definitely different, you never see it on an escape... :)

Only problem is I have nothing to push :(

Major snow today, someone was dead in the middle of a busy street...thought about offering, but figured, liability wise, I'd just keep driving....

21 - 40 of 63 Posts