Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
the rings I posted can be rotated to the backside of the bar.

Or just get a license plate mounting kit from the parts store for about $5. It comes with 2 plastic inserts that you pop into the bumper cover (yes, you have to drill) and 2 screws.

Simple and effective. And if you never take off the push bumper, you shouldn't care too much about drilling 2 holes in the bumper cover.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
ExplorerTom said:
the rings I posted can be rotated to the backside of the bar.

Or just get a license plate mounting kit from the parts store for about $5. It comes with 2 plastic inserts that you pop into the bumper cover (yes, you have to drill) and 2 screws.

Simple and effective. And if you never take off the push bumper, you shouldn't care too much about drilling 2 holes in the bumper cover.
Ya I got a mounting kit. And the bumper cover already has the push bumper going through it. Not concerned about holes haha.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hello,
I am looking into getting the Setina PB-400 push bar, but when I look at the "make/model" section when ordering, the Ford Escape is not listed. So what vehicle option did you guys choose when you purchased your PB-400? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
frospike38 said:
Hello,
I am looking into getting the Setina PB-400 push bar, but when I look at the "make/model" section when ordering, the Ford Escape is not listed. So what vehicle option did you guys choose when you purchased your PB-400? Thanks
This site lists the PB-400 for the Escape

http://www.publicsafetydirect.com/sepbpubu.html

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey MadMax! Thanks for the website! The only thing that sucks is that the price is almost $100-150 more after shipping, compared to the rest of the other websites...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Mdnghtdevert said:
I lied. It was $260 plus $80 for freight.

Mileage. Well, I'm in canada so I'm set to KM. It's tough to say so far with the snow and busy season. A lot of stop and go in the city, plus I've been doing a lot of idling.

I drove about 350km down the highway a couple days ago. My scan gauge reported 8.8L/100KM. Before the bumper, I only had the dash which told me 8L/100 KM.

City is showing around 14.4L/100KM but like I said a lot of stop and go and bad weather as well as idling on break at work.

I'll keep you posted. Got to drive back today home today with a mix if city and hwy...
Hey quick question, did you click "sedan" instead of "SUV" when ordering? Because that's the only way that you paid about $260 for it and the pads + freight.

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
frospike38 said:
Hey MadMax! Thanks for the website! The only thing that sucks is that the price is almost $100-150 more after shipping, compared to the rest of the other websites...
I see that, perhaps you should contact Setina and get the definitive answer on availability for the Escape then shop price

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
No, I would say as a whole escapes aren't built to have these guards put on. Putting a winch on is overkill but setina is know to the police world as ok at best so I have far less confidence in a winch being put on.

·
Registered
111 Posts
So I emailed Setina and asked for the PB-400 part number that fit the escape and here is the reply from a Setina Rep,

Part ID: BK0534ESC01

Description: PB400 VS ALUM BUMPER

Vehicle: 01-12 ESCAPE

Unit Price: $329.00 USD

I guess only the aluminum version fits the E's? But some members here said they got the steel version, which is cheaper than the aluminum.

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
I would get the aluminum anyway because of the weight savings

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Sorry guys. Been gone for a few months. I do in fact have the steel push bumper installed. Not the aluminum. It's about 35 pounds, which I'm okay with because it helps out a lot in the winter time in the snow. I haven't seen a drastic reduction infuel economy. I didn't click on anything as I didn't install it myself I had it done in Michigan at a company called priority one emergency. I called them and ordered it.

As far as a winch. I wouldn't trust it. However because of the way it's bolted onto the frame it could work. still, I couldn't tell you.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Just an update...my push bumper is rusting...I contacted setina and they are shipping me a brand new unit in aluminum as an upgrade. Crap part of this is i will have to pull apart everything to replace it. But it's a project. :)

41 - 60 of 63 Posts