Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after neglecting the Mariner for many months I finally decided to show it some attention. Took these crappy pics with my phone. More to come 2morrow or Friday. I redid the door panel inserts and brake handle boot in faux leather & she finally got some thump. Currently using the stock deck, Kicker 850.4 Amp and 12" Kicker CVR Sub. I went w/ the 850.4 because the my gf drives it and doesn't need too much bass and also I intend to run some front components in the future.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Its gorgeous!

:clap:

I am jealous of your car's door skin design. Looks like some BIG midbass drivers could fit your door skins...not mine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I got fooled by them when we first got the vehicle thinking they were some 6 1/2" or 6 3/4", but low and behold they were 6x8. However, they do help if someone is looking to make some custom adapters to make some nice mid-bass driver fit in the door. I'll just get some nice 6 1/2" components for the front driven by the amp and just some good enough coxials for the back doors.

·
Registered
836 Posts
fourthmeal said:
Its gorgeous!

:clap:

I am jealous of your car's door skin design. Looks like some BIG midbass drivers could fit your door skins...not mine.
I agree. That was the first thing I noticed. Not only are they better looking, they appear to have a better angle as well. I hate the 2010 design.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
What what design does he have, 2013?? Or is this an older model? IMO, its WAY better than the 2008 I have.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
stone said:
Beautiful install there fourthmeal. :) :thumb:
This one isn't mine!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
dna59 said:
Lol yes its not fourthmeal's. This is a 2005 Mariner guys.
I can tell you right now that if my front door skins looked like that, there would be 8" Kicker RMB's in there, followed by Fountek 3" mids and 1" Dayton tweeters in the A-pillars. Powered up with a decent HU like my 3200DVD in my other ride, processed with an MS8, amp'd with Soundstream Stealth amps so I could false-floor them next to the spare. I'd probably keep my 4x mini sub box... that's been a blast to play with.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha fourthmeal I would love to do a full system on it, but I hardly drive this truck and my gf surely won't appreciate all that work nor help fund the project. The amp and sub I had just laying around so decided to throw it in and since the Mariner has the spare under the truck and a compartment in the back I saw it perfect to flush mount the amp. Plus I only really did it for some exposure for my business. My first plan was to use JL Audio cleansweep, JL Audio 500/1 and buy some Diamond Audio D3 Subs, then add a 300/4 later and some comps. I chose not to use the cleansweep cuz the deck will eventually be replaced, and went w/ the 4 channel cuz I plan on only running front amped components and didn't want to run another amp. The cleansweep and 500/1 will be saved for my next project when I get another vehicle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts