1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Alright! :yahoo: Enjoy it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Very cool! Well done. Which rock sliders where you going to put on? Any particular reason you held off?

- sG

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
OUT'FREAKN'STANDING!!!!!! SO you did lift the back end too????

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The sliders i made out of 3/16 stainless angle and it just seemed so heavy. I'f I ever get my new straight axles and put a real transfer case in I'd use it for more then just fire roads and camping and put the rock sliders on.

I actually didn't lift the rear. I just put the new shocks on and the 11/2 larger tires and it just looks higher. But once the leveling kit was on it appeared as though I lifted the rear as well as the front.

thanks for all the positives you guys. There will be more mods when these tires die. we will be cutting the wheel wells and going to a 32.2 A/T.
Once the struts are completed I'll post pics of the home made struts and do a little ride review. Carl said if enough people are interested he would make a few sets of stiffer struts and sell for a decent price. My Escape is the experimental rig for him, as far as Escapes go,he's just that good and guarantees his work.

I have pics of the CB and the little cover I made for the wires but I can't seem to get the picture to shrink down enough. as of now it takes up a whole page..

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just ordered nerf bars and new KYB struts. it looks like it will be a long time until we finish our own struts, but it's in the works kind of as a side project for the engineer. I finished the skid plate and will post a pic of it hopefully next week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts