Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keep seeing this pair of Maverick's loitering about the area that I live in, but never at the same time as when I have my camera :wall:
However, found a piccie on 'tinterweb, so here it is...

They are 2004 V6 models owned by the North Yorkshire Fire Service, but based at USAF Menwith Hill, hence the military regestrations.
They also have 2 sisters, owned by North Yorkshire Police, which are used to patrol the perimiter of the base.
They are marked up with the same style of striping, but fire/rescue is replaced by police, and they are white in colour, rather than red

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
arbs said:
cool tho i reckon its just a congestion charging scam lol ;)
Well, they have all been converted to LPG :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
297 Posts
jonas1022 said:
sorry :)

In the UK, more specifically in central London, we have had a daft mayor who a few years ago bought in a scheme where to drive during 7.00-18.30 in the central zone levied a £5 (yes £GB!) per DAY to drive in that area. Then he put it up to £8/day. Then he doubled the zone!

Anyway there are certain exclusions - mini buses, LPG/electric cars, emergency services etc. Its not been unknown for the general public to register their family car as an ambulance etc to avoid the charge!

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jonas1022 said:
LPG or natural gas?
LPG, but as they are "Crown" vehicles, i.e. working on behalf of HM Queen, they get free rad tax anyway, and being based at Menwith Hill, they pay us$ prices for fuel :censor: :cuss:

And the "Newt loving former mayor of London" has set a precident for towns and cities charging motorists a toll to use the roads, Manchester is implementing it, but London wasn't the first, that dubious honour goes to Durham

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
camusdarrach said:
"Newt loving former mayor of London"
Camus,

Tell us how you really feel about him!!! :cuss: :rant:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cbramsey said:
camusdarrach said:
Camus,

Well, in his political life, he has been involved in several allegations of corruption, his political party have sacked him twice, he has left the city of London with a huge budget deficit, but I remember the last few years of the GLC, when he, and his consort Dave Wenzel, screwed the London Ratepayers.
Plus, he has such an annoying, painful voice, he called a Jewish repoter a Nazi concentration camp guard, and never formally apologised, despit being ordered to by the High Court,
He is responsible for the adjustment of all the traffic lights in London, to make traffic move slower, and for getting rid of the traditional London Bus, to be replaced by wholly innapropriate bendy buses, all part of his grand plan to bring transport in London to its knees.

As for newts, his hobby is breeding them, I personally can see a striking resemblence between him, and a newt, viz

and a newt

They both have beady eyes ;)

I await Big Chris's comments on Ken Livingstone, as he hates him even more than me..

Oh, the new Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, seems a nicer bloke, even though he looks like an idiot :lol:

And that hair is all natural :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Isn't Boris of Swedish background? I saw him at the closing ceremony for the Olympics, accepting the flag from the Chinese dude. I thought him to be the typical bureaucrat by looks and demeanor.

What did the former mayor do to the lights that can not be undone by the current mayor. Or for that matter, the buses could be sold off and replaced with the traditional double deckers, no? :shrug: Sounds like anything he did wrong could be undone with a couple well placed mayorial decisons or recind whatever is administrative and bad :shrug: . And as for the former dork, he could be prosecuted for holding a public office while incompetent... :doh: :lol:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Boris has already stated that the bendy buses are not what London needs, or can cope with, so has drawn up plans to replace them with a new generation of double deck, rear entrance buses.
The traffic lights, all 26,000 of them have been reprogrammed, and he scrapped the higher congestion charge plans for 4x4's :yahoo:
During the last mayoral elections, Boris was seen as a wildcard, a bit of a baffoon, but he won, and has started to make a difference.

As for Ken Livingstone, well, the number of investigations, court cases, police investigations etc haven't yet managed to put him behind bars, but the whiff of corruption follows him about, indeed the Labour party keep him very distant now, but his time will come, as Boris is on the job ;)

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
camusdarrach said:
As for newts, his hobby is breeding them, I personally can see a striking resemblence between him, and a newt, viz

and a newt

I see what you mean!!! :lol: :yes: :lol: :shades:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
camusdarrach said:
Boris has already stated that the bendy buses are not what London needs, or can cope with, so has drawn up plans to replace them with a new generation of double deck, rear entrance buses.
The traffic lights, all 26,000 of them have been reprogrammed, and he scrapped the higher congestion charge plans for 4x4's :yahoo:
During the last mayoral elections, Boris was seen as a wildcard, a bit of a baffoon, but he won, and has started to make a difference.

As for Ken Livingstone, well, the number of investigations, court cases, police investigations etc haven't yet managed to put him behind bars, but the whiff of corruption follows him about, indeed the Labour party keep him very distant now, but his time will come, as Boris is on the job ;)
Good report Camus. I take it you like the fellow. Well, I mean given that he is a politican. :shades:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jonas1022 said:
camusdarrach said:

Good report Camus. I take it you like the fellow. Well, I mean given that he is a politican. :shades:
Just wait till you get Big Chris's views, I think I've been kind compared to his ;)

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
What ever happened to your Thule cargo box that you found? Did you take it to a locksmith and have a key made?

OOPS!

:topic:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jonas1022 said:
What ever happened to your Thule cargo box that you found? Did you take it to a locksmith and have a key made?

OOPS!

Nah, just drilled the old locks out, and bought a padlock, much cheaper :lol: :lol:
As for :topic: , when did that ever bother me :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
camusdarrach said:
jonas1022 said:

OOPS!

Nah, just drilled the old locks out, and bought a padlock, much cheaper :lol: :lol:
As for :topic: , when did that ever bother me :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nah! My bad diverting the subject matter, not you! :D

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hello Camusdarrach. :) Those mavericks look different fitted out as emergency vehicles. Many thanks for the photos. I can imagine that ' Menwith Hill ' would be a politically sensitive zone. It probably has top priority as regards national security. The " Listening Post " will possibly have an underground complex. Same would apply to the americans base at ' Pine Gap' out in the australian desert.

I suppose they both are quite deep underground.

Never realised england had so many cold war bunkers. Intriguing.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
camusdarrach said:
cbramsey said:
camusdarrach said:
Camus,

and a newt

I await Big Chris's comments on Ken Livingstone, as he hates him even more than me..
Livingstone is an arse.....Period. I can't believe he managed to get elected......Twice! :confused:

Appointing Livingstone as Mayor of London is like appointing Hitler as German ambassador to Israel. :doh:

Livingstone's plans for higher congestion charge for 4x4s was a joke. Does a 4x4 cause more congestion than a regular car? Nope. The man doesn't drive, yet had all these wild and wacky ideas to solve London's road problems.

I was dancing in the street when that weasle faced, nasally whining ba***rd was voted out. :yahoo:

I'll wait and see what job he'll squirm his way into in future. If he comes anywhere near Kent. I'm off. :fan:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
See, told you my reply about Ken Livingstone would be polite!!!! ;)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts