Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i have a 2006 XLT Escape.

right to the question: what would be the best Nav unit for the money?

2 din? Yes or no

DVD? Yes or no

i'm asking for everyones opinion.

Trying to stay under $1200

Thanks

Jesse

·
Registered
223 Posts
Welcome first of all!

In regards to your question... When you say double din are you asking double din vs single flip out? and as for DVD are you asking DVD vs hard drive?

If so I'd say flip vs double din is simply personal preference, and DVD vs HD comes down to if you mind loading a dvd once in a while or if you want a HD

·
Registered
311 Posts
The Kenwood DNX71XX series is a popular unit, you can easily get that for under 1200. It has DVD and NAV, a 6.95" screen. You'll need to decide whether you want a fold out screen or one integrated into the dash. Kenwood DNX71XX are 2din and has ample features, and is one of the few DD units that has RDS (Radio Data System). I really enjoy the stability of the in-dash screen, im rough on things and I didn't like the instability of the pop-out screen vs. the in dash. I believe you do get a larger screen on the single din units, and it integrates into the dash cleaner, looking less obvious that there is expensive gear in your car to take. You might also take into consideration what happens to the excess space if you get a single din, sometimes they make "pockets" out of the excess space. An 06 escape technically does not support a DD unit, but a little handiwork makes that no problem.

There are a few different guides here that might be able to help your decision... I'm having trouble searching the right keywords right now, I'll try tomorrow in a better frame of mind.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I have the Kenwood DNX 7100 unit and here is a photo:

I would strongly recommend you add a backup camera to this setup as it is worth every penny. Speakers, amplifier, subwoofer, sound deadening all help the set up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts