Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me with replacing the oil in my 2002 Escape XLT? I am pretty confident that I can do it, but I've heard that alot of times the oil plug and transmission plug are too close to comfort and I really don't want to drain the transmission fluid! I found another thread that was focused on replacing the oil filter, but I am hoping someone can at least direct me where to look and what to look for to identify the correct plug, as well as what the proper procedure is for draining and replacing the oil. I thank all of you in advance!!!!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
first off, place the "E" on even ground if possible. remove the drain plug bolt, and allow the oil to drain. Remove filter with proper tools and allow the oil to spill into the container you are draining the the oil from the drain plug, set filter in container. Let drain for 10 to 15 min.
Tighten drain plug back up, not too tight but more then snug.Before placing new filter in be sure to lube it with fresh oil around the rubber gasket. I usually hand tighten mine and then give it one good turn with the filter tool.

look on the internet and you will find pictures that will help you find the proper drain bolt. :thumb: :rockon:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts