Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola mi amigos,

I fixed the "Save" button problem by moving it to the right and spacing it away from the "Submit" and "Preview" buttons, and I relocated the "Submit/Preview/Save" buttons so that they're directly below the text-edit area. The "Submit" button is now first in the tab order. I wanted to keep the "Save" button for your convenience, because if you're typing a long post and you need to shut down your computer before you finish it, you won't need to save it somewhere else. But I can also disable the "Save" button entirely with one click if too many of you think it's an annoying feature. Either way is fine with me!

I'm working on the external-link change, too, and we might be changing some of the site colors, backgrounds, and a few other things soon.

Thanks for your suggestions, and please keep 'em coming. It's your site, and we want you to enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Looks good! You rock! :wave: :taz: :wave:

(Now I'm just trying to get used to the Submit key being on the left side!) :wall:

·
Registered
367 Posts
JP, you are one smart dude. :kneel:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

PS...I hope you're all OK (no pun intended) after last night. I saw that you were under more tornado warnings (and the new "PDS" designation).

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dasha said:
Looks good! You rock! :wave: :taz: :wave:

(Now I'm just trying to get used to the Submit key being on the left side!) :wall:
Sorry!!! Should I move the "Save" button further away?

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I don't think so....and it's good how the "Save" button is smaller and not as bold as the other buttons.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
you guys are awesome!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! :D

·
Registered
367 Posts
jpark said:
Thanks!

PS...I hope you're all OK (no pun intended) after last night. I saw that you were under more tornado warnings (and the new "PDS" designation).
Thanks, JP, we're OK. Yeah, we had some more tornado warnings, but we were lucky this time as none formed, but we got a bunch of hail and rain. Again, we were lucky because the hail were only about nickel sized and didn't do any damage to our house or my Focus that I can tell. Our Mariner and Thunderbird were safe in our garage, but I was a little worried about my Focus. (I wonder if there's a "whew!" smilie out there... ;) ) There were also some strong wind shears, but those didn't form into tornados, either.

I need a 4 car garage! :doh: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
I was in Ga for awhile and saw a couple of tornado's form way off in the distance and that was enough for me! Glad everything is fine with you and yours.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Thanks, weebee.
Tornados are definitely scary. Have you seen pics of the infamous "May 3rd" tornados from 1999? They hit the city of Moore, just south of OKC, and another huge tornado went through that same city, and almost the same path, in May of 2003. The tornados from 1999 were stronger than the F scale goes! The scale goes from F0 to F5, but they said those tornados were worse than F5. The tornados from 2003 were F4.

I'm not sure why I let my wife convice me to stay here. :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Weren't the Moore tornadoes the very reason that the National Weather Service changed the F (Fujita) scale to the newer EF (Enhanced Fujita) scale?

I'm glad you're all OK, including your Focus. :D

·
Registered
367 Posts
jpark said:
Weren't the Moore tornadoes the very reason that the National Weather Service changed the F (Fujita) scale to the newer EF (Enhanced Fujita) scale?

I'm glad you're all OK, including your Focus. :D
Thanks again, JP.
I don't know if the Moore tornados were the reason that they changed the F scale to the EF scale, but the wind speeds in the 1999 tornados were stronger than the F scale's F5 speed of approx 300 mph, so a lot of people considered those tornados "F6". I bet you're right though.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I sincerely hope that you and your family will never need to know the difference.

:beer:

·
Registered
367 Posts
jpark said:
I sincerely hope that you and your family will never need to know the difference.

You can say that again! :lol:
Thanks JP. :beer:

When we win the lottery, my wife and I agreed on moving to Idaho and bringing both our families with us. :yes: (We both like it better up north! :wave: )

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here's to your winning the lottery, then!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts