Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When did these two terms become interchangeable? I just heard a flat panel television referred to as a "flat screen" on Discovery Channel.

:rant:

This is worse than referring to wheels as "rims" because flat screen televisions are still around, while actual rims are a relatively rare item.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Which one is the Cathoid Ray Tube? Flat Panel? Flat Screen? I think Flat Screen is the CRT. So, I suppose that rims are wheels after all...? :peace:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Flat screens are the tube TVs. Rims are wheels without the spokes. You can buy rims and the spokes separately and weld them yourself for a custom offset.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Now I have a head ache :wall: :wall: :wall:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I tried to take a fork in the road a few years ago.

It split my car in half.

:bill:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I only take the fork when invited to. Makes for cleaner hands while eating.

I have a CRT, and wheels. But I don't have a Flat Screen or a Flat Panel, nor do I have rims... :blush:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Squishy said:
Flat screens are the tube TVs. Rims are wheels without the spokes. You can buy rims and the spokes separately and weld them yourself for a custom offset.
they also use these on our old army trucks and a bunch of trailers have tires on rims, and you actually switch out the center hub to change a flat lol.

and that screen stuff is crazy. lol. i have 2 LCD's in my house a 19" computer monitor and a 40" TV. i sold a flat screen (32" CRT) so i could get the bigger wall mountable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts