Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a flip out dvd or nav hu? I am curious to see these installed and see how someone feels about them. Is it worth the extra money and effort to just get a double din? Any feedback would be much appreciated. This was just a random thought I had.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I thought about going flip out HU for stealth reasons, but the main thing I have heard about flip out units is that the motor wears out and you are left with a non functioning HU. I went with the Pioneer avh-3200bt.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Not only do I have a flip down, but its a detachable face, Jvc. So yeah I luv it and it was worth it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I too thought about the flip up/down style. But the 2008+ center stack is so HUGE that a double DIN looks better IMO. Plus I am not too fond of motorized parts on a stereo. To me it is something that can get worn out or broken. But I do like the stealth look to it when it is closed.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Oh I didn't read/understand the post. I don't have flip out but a double din with motorized face and detachable

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was going to go with the new Pioneer flagship AVIC flip out unit, but i decided that the motor going in and out was just something that would break and require me to get something like a squaretrade warranty to protect against. So i decided on getting the AVIC-X920bt double din unit. Let you know my final thoughts when i get it in on tuesday - should have it installed that night.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Does anybody have any pictures of a motorized DVD and a double din DVD screen installed on any newer escape. I also am interested in this and want to see the look comparison.

Thanks,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts