Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2008 Escape Limited and I now want to add floor liners and a cargo liner.

I went to AutoAnything.com and found the new Husky WeatherBeaters, which look perfect for what I want.
(http://husky-floor-liners.com/husky-wea ... or-liners/).
The problem is, for some reason they don't list the floor mats for an '08, only the '09s.
I called to ask and they couldn't explain why there was no listing for the '08s.

My question is; are the interiors the same between '08 & '09? They look identical to me, but I just want to be sure before I shell out $200 for these liners.

TIA

·
Registered
679 Posts
go to weathertech.com and see the mats from their, the pictures should tell u. By the way the weather tech mats are awsome.!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good idea... why didn't I think of that? :doh:
I looked first at the HuskyLiners, but wasn't crazy about the diamond plate design and the hard plastic feel.
Next was the WeatherTechs, which looked great but they were a little pricey, even buying direct ($270 compared to about $180 for the WeatherBeaters). The Husky WeatherBeaters are a new product and they seemed to fit the bill for both design and price.

Anyway, thanks for the fast response - I went to WeatherTech and compared their part numbers for each year and sure enough they were identical. Cheers. :beer:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I can take some pictures of my 09 Mariner mats if you want.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Thanks ScotchTapeLoser.! Yes, that would be nice. As you would have noticed , we all enjoy photos on this forum. The insatiable appetite, for pictures on escape-city has no limits. I compare it to the vastness of our universe. :lol: :happy:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
stone said:
Do they have embroidered floor mats overseas? . For example with the ' ESCAPE' logo. :)
Hey Stone... I think those floor mats are an extra cost option here in the states. The mats that came with my '02 Escape did not have the embroidered logo. However, when I needed to replace them, I was able to find mats that look similar to yours (except tan on color)

Here is a link to the mats I purchased:

http://www.ford-parts-direct.com/productDetail.cfm?productID=1393&categoryID=29&productTypeID=1

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went with the WeatherBeaters and couldn't be happier.
They arrived rolled up tight, but one day in a warm interior and they flattened right out.
I even like the added detail of providing slots in the cargo liner to pull the tie-downs through.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
johnm356 said:
I went with the WeatherBeaters and couldn't be happier.
They arrived rolled up tight, but one day in a warm interior and they flattened right out.
I even like the added detail of providing slots in the cargo liner to pull the toe-downs through.

They look pretty good! Do you mind sharing what you paid with shipping?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Amazing, I was just over at weathertech and was browsing their amazing stuff and now it looks like the Husky is great too!

Thanks for the pics! Decision time.

Ohhh, if you ever get back there again taking pics, I wonder how the back floor liner with the back seats folded flat looks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jonas1022 said:
They look pretty good! Do you mind sharing what you paid with shipping?
Not at all. The total for all liners, including cargo was $189, with free shipping. They arrived in -2- days via FedEx.
There was also a $20 discount offered when I placed the order - I'm not sure if it's still in effect though.
The WeatherTechs I looked at were more expensive, but I can't imagine them being any better than these Weather Beaters - they're thick and heavy, they're not a rigid plastic tray like the HuskyLiners (more like a stiff rubber), they fit like a glove and they're warrantied forever.

Husky Weatherbeater Front & Rear Liner Set
SKU 3359882
Part # 98353
Vehicle 2008-09 Ford Escape
Submodel All Escape models
Color Tan - Qty. 1 - $130.95
*(WeatherTechs were $160)

Husky Weatherbeater Cargo Liners
SKU 3359887
Part # 23221
Vehicle 2008-09 Ford Escape
Submodel Non-Hybrid
Color Black - Qty. 1 - $77.95
*(WeatherTechs were $110)

http://husky-floor-liners.com/husky-weatherbeater-floor-liners/
PS. For whatever reason, they don't even list a set of floor liners at the above URL for a 2008 Escape, only the cargo liner.
I just ordered a set for an '09 - they're the same.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
johnnymossville said:
Ohhh, if you ever get back there again taking pics, I wonder how the back floor liner with the back seats folded flat looks.
Do you mean the rear cargo liner? I just checked and with the seats folder down you'll still have the forward "lip" standing up, but it will easily lay flat once something is placed on it, unlike Husky's original HuskyLiner which is more of a hard plastic tray. That's one of the reasons I preferred these. These are more rubber than plastic.

(If you meant the rear seat floor liner, they don't interfere with the seats folding at all.)
Anyway, here's a couple more pics:

·
Registered
312 Posts
And here's a picture of my Weathertech cargo liner. I couldn't get a good picture of it because of the glare, but it is black, not gray. Price directly from Weathertech was $128 including shipping.

·
Registered
8 Posts
John,

I was getting ready to order a set of the Weatherbeaters and the image for the '09 shows 4 single mats, not 2 for the front and then a single over-the-hump liner for the 2nd row as is seen in your picture. When you ordered yours, is this what you saw as well, or have they changed the product?

Also, when you installed them, did you take the cloth mats out or just put these in over top of them?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ceezer said:
John,

I was getting ready to order a set of the Weatherbeaters and the image for the '09 shows 4 single mats, not 2 for the front and then a single over-the-hump liner for the 2nd row as is seen in your picture. When you ordered yours, is this what you saw as well, or have they changed the product?
I originally went to http://husky-floor-liners.com/husky-weatherbeater-floor-liners to shop, and when I clicked the "buy" link, it took me to AutoAnything.com, which showed a single rear mat

Ceezer said:
Also, when you installed them, did you take the cloth mats out or just put these in over top of them?
I took out the floor mats for the front and rear seats, the liners won't fit right if you leave them in. These are an exact fit.
I left the mat in the rear for the cargo liner though. For some reason the cargo liner doesn't have the same "nubs" on the back to hold it in place. It stays put with the mat under it just fine. YMMV.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts