Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Saturday morning I woke up and felt like I had been hit by a train. Achy, sore throat, pounding headache, dizzy, weak, the lot. Brushed it off for the most part as a cold and went about everything as normal.
Sunday morning I woke up 10 times worse and my mom took me to the doctor. Tested for strep throat and influenza, and my flu test came back positive. (Keep in mind I DID have a flu shot this year... :doh: )

Mom drugged me with cough medicine around 4pm and I didn't wake up til 8am this morning. I'm not allowed to go back to school til Thursday (aka I'm missing a TON of work), and I basically feel like I'm on my deathbed.
The doctor said that this year's flu is being resistant to the medicine everyone planned on using, and so I've got this weird inhaler thing on top of 3-hour rounds of DayQuil and ibuprofen.

Anyone else have experiences with the flu this year?

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
I must be lucky as I have managed to miss the flu this year. I had the flu vaccine as well back last October. Hope you get over your flu very soon.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Yup, late last year I got a good dose of it. I hate the flu... :censor:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A bunch of my friends have it now thanks to me (or vice versa). Everyone I saw this weekend, including my brother, is starting to come down with it. :cuss: stupid flu and its contagious-ness.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I got it bad last Feb. I caught something a few weeks ago but it wasn't nearly as bad. Light fever and some stomach issues. A lot of people in this area seem to be getting what I got. There heard a report on the radio that they were distributing a different flu shot and they were urging people to get this new shot. This was because the flu going around was resistant to the original shot. I haven't gotten one yet but I think I probably should....

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
I've worked Traffic and crowd control for the City/county Health Dept. with their Flu Shot Clinics for the last 3 years.

Having a Flu Shot doesn't mean you wont get the Flu it just means it should not be as hard on you or kill you. We did Three Clinics this year! 1-Drive Thru, 2-Walk in, 3- Vote&Vac. All went extremly well. :peace:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
So far I have managed to avoid the flu.

Very sorry to hear that you are sick, Spark!! I hope that you get to feeling better very soon! :)

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
In the past two years I have had the flu in one form or another 3 times...

Get well soon, and take it easy on yourself for a little while. I had a relapse the last time as I tried to go back to my routine too soon!

·
Registered
464 Posts
I've just gotten over it. Hope you get better soon :thumb:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
JIMMYJOHN said:
I've worked Traffic and crowd control for the City/county Health Dept. with their Flu Shot Clinics for the last 3 years.

Having a Flu Shot doesn't mean you wont get the Flu it just means it should not be as hard on you or kill you. We did Three Clinics this year! 1-Drive Thru, 2-Walk in, 3- Vote&Vac. All went extremly well. :peace:
Crowd control :shrug: Drive through :shrug: , god only knows what Vote & Vac is :shrug:

ONLY IN AMERICA would you get this treatment :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Ducking down now, for when JIMMYJOHN repiles ;) )

In Britain, we are lucky if we get an appointment to see a doctor, if we suffer from flu :rant:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Had a nasty bout of it three months back. Took me at least six weeks to, eliminate the nasty virus. Definitely tenacious.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Cam, Get ready for this. VOTE AND VAC. That is where you can go to one location to Vote on election day and step to the other side of the building if you want or need your Flu Shot. Kind of like TWO FOR THE PRICE OF ONE.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Be happy it isn't a pandemic bird Flu like in 1918 that killed 1/3 the people in the USA.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Start talking about flu and now it looks like I'm getting it. :cuss: :censor: Been sniffling and hacking the last two days.
I hope this doesn't delay the surgery I'm supposed to be getting in a couple of weeks. I want to get that over with.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
weebee said:
Start talking about flu and now it looks like I'm getting it. :cuss: :censor: Been sniffling and hacking the last two days.
I hope this doesn't delay the surgery I'm supposed to be getting in a couple of weeks. I want to get that over with.
Oh no, weebee !! Sorry to hear ! Hopefully it is just a bad cold.
Get well soon !! :heart:

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Hey Wee I sure hope the Surgery isn't anything too major. Best of luck and I'll say a Prayer for You. However you know maybe this is kind of like the Husband that finds out that his wife is Pregnet and he get all the morning sickness. :wall: :bang: :stop: :yahoo:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts