Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bough these fog lights last year and didn't install them because they weren't
the exact fit for my Mazda Tribute.
They are still on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001...fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ebayphotohosting
But one day I was washing her and I said to myself "well, what are you waiting for?"
So I kind of modded the plastic holding the fog lamp so that I could find the correct fit
and well...here are the pics of the finished project;

How does she look?

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hello Fran_Tribute. Congratulations on the new foglight set up. Yes! They look quite snazzy. :) :thumb:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
escapedtroy said:
do ur main head lights the same will look wicked
cheers
Escapedtroy, I wish I could find the proyector head lights for her
but for now I haven't... got any ideas?
Because I saw the halo ring (not the complete headlight) at eBay
and I was wondering if I could customize my own factory head light
What do you think about it?
[Thnx 4 ur comment!]

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I've wanted to do something similar but it boils down to how much I trust myself aiming th headlights correctly after installing the projector retrofits with the new angel eye ring :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
ok i reckon it woudl look awsome with the projector lights with a halo ring.

scooter to best re alingn ur head lights before u even play with the light park ur car a measured distance away from a wall. distance dont matter to much at this stage, turn ur lights on and mark on the wall the centre of the beam, then change ur lights put ur car back in the same possy and then aim the beam at ur original marks on the wall,
all good lol

cheers

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Yeah but wouldn't you have to aim the projectors just right in the housing first or do they sit in their nicely?

·
Registered
232 Posts
no idea ive play with light in my last few cars but they were easy u could adjust with screws after install im not 100% on the escapes.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
on the 04 its set up like the old style headlights with the sping and screw set up for aiming them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts