Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
firt of all le me tell you that english is not my "strong" languange so please forgive any mistake. i don't know if this its been done, but i notice that the speedometer cluster have a indicator with a simbol that looks to me like a fog light sign, it's empty but it have the "circuits" or whatever its called to send power to a bulb, i had the same situation in a mitsubishi eclipse i had, so i install a wire from the fog switch to the back of the cluster and the light turned on when the fogs where on, maybe i'll try on the escape, has anyone of you tried it?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Your english is good. :thumb: I dont think anyone has tried that may be some one will post something.

·
Registered
758 Posts
You did not state what year Escape you have. In my 2005 Escape, when I push the foglight button to turn them on, this button lights up.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Billyk said:
You did not state what year Escape you have. In my 2005 Escape, when I push the foglight button to turn them on, this button lights up.
I believe he's talking about a light on the speedometer, not on the fog light button itself. My dad leased a 2005 Escape (or maybe it was an 2006?), so I know what you are talking about. It's green and shines right above the fog light symbol, si?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as i said before, on the speedometer cluster there is a indicator that look exactly as the design on the fog light button, all you have to do is put a bulb on there and send a wire that send power when the fogs are on, i'ts nothing extraordinary but i did it in my eclipse and it look cool, if you shine a light through the speedometer you can see it, btw mine is a 2003 xls,

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I know what you are talking about. I am going to do the same thing when it warms up a little bit more. I created a post about this a few months back. check out my pics. If I get to it soon ill give you a how to. Also there are a couple of other empty lights. There was a fog
light and low coolant symbol on the two with no bulbs and the sealed one was daytime running lights I think.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I know what you are talking about. I am going to do the same thing when it warms up a little bit more. I created a post about this a few months back. check out my pics. If I get to it soon ill give you a how to. Also there are a couple of other empty lights. There was a fog
light and low coolant symbol on the two with no bulbs and the sealed one was daytime running lights I think.

here is the link.... viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4342&p=79932#p79932

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
aj thats what i mean, i put a bulb on the fog indicator, then send a wire to the + side of the bulb on the circuit board and it worked right, if you put the bulb and dont sent any power via a live wire it'll never glow, i'm just waiting for my fog light sw. to complete the proyect, i'll try to post pics when i can, thanks everyone for the contributions

1 - 9 of 9 Posts