Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An interesting map. The different areas dominated by one burger joint or another. You can't go anywhere in Texas with out running into a Sonic. Personally nothing beats a fresh double double animal style at In and Out Burger.

Interesting that you can see the I-15 corridor going from L.A. > Vegas > Salt Lake. The 1-70 to Denver. The I-25 through Colorado, New Mexico. I think that's the I-84 going up to the northwest.

http://www.weathersealed.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/alone.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
We have mainly the Big 3 up here, with a few Dairy Queens thrown in for good measure.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I miss Roy Rogers restaurants. They used to be prominent in this area but Wendy's bought most of them. Now the only one's that are left are in the NJ Turnpike rest stops... and unfortunately, they are just not the same.

DQ's in our area don't serve burgers, hot dogs or fries... only the desserts. :doh:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
US MARINER 1 said:
I've never been to a sonic.
We've been once. Alot of fun drink options as I remember. Felt like a dork trying to find right door into the place. :blush:
Took us a minute to realize our car door was the right door. :bag:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I like Red Robin. It's not exactly in the same category, tho...

:p

·
Registered
1,734 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:lol: :hyst: :clap:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
US MARINER 1 said:
I've never been to a sonic.
:shock: :cry:

There's one 5 minutes from my house. Yummy burgers and I just love their slushies!!!!!

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
One opened here in town just over a year ago and I've heard so much bad about it that we haven't gone :wall:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I boycotted Sonic for their dumb commercials, and because the waitresses expect tips. If I got to leave a tip I'll go eat someplace nice where I don't have to balance the food on my knees in the truck. At the prices they charge a nice sit-down meal wouldn't be any more expensive.

My favorite fast food burger is Hardee's. I like the flavor of their burgers.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
They charge a bigger price at Sonic because you have to pay for the atmosphere (?) ;)

The waitress/server is paid $2.13 per hour, less uniform fees for laundry. :wall:

So, I feel for them, but can't quite reach them. If I do go into Sonic, I take it home to eat. Just the same as Wendy's, McD, BK or other fast food place. I also give the kid a couple bucks. What is that equal to, a soft drink? :shrug:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Aah yes, there is nothing like a good burger. :yes:

We have Five Guys, just a few miles across the Lake Wylie bridge. They make a great burger and I also love their chocolate shakes. :drool:
There is a Sonic that is about 10 minutes from us. Been a while since we have had Sonic. Hmmm......maybe tonight. :) :thumb:
Stll no What A Burger here ! :cry:
When we do fast food joints, we usually take it home, like Jonas. I guess my favorite fast food restaurant would be Burger King.

The best burger that we have around here is at a local place called, The Eagles Nest. :drool:

And I must add that my husband grills a yummy burger as well ! :yes:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You're the second to mention Five Guys. I see they're putting one near the Auto Park just north in Escondido. We'll have to try it out. We'll see how it compares to our home town favorite In and Out. :thumb:

And the Heart Attack Grill sounds like it's worth a trip eastward. ;)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Lots of those big three around of course there's alway at least one chain around to offer up something a little different.

Flame broiled and topped just the way you like it!
Mmmm ... is it lunch time yet? :drool:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I was so excited to try Sonic when they came up here but the place was not really convenient to me and it was always a madhouse so I decided to hold off. I finally got to try it when I went to Florida last September. I was veeeeeery disappointed. I thought the burger was terrible. The meat patty seemed like it was only 1/8" thick. It was like eating lettuce tomato and ketchup on a roll. :bill: The Blizzard like dessert I had was very good though...

We recently got a Five Guys near us. I went to try it once but the place was packed and there was a long line so I went to BK instead. I've heard their burgers are very good.

Red Robin makes some good burgers too. They are costly though.

We also have a unique burger place near us called Bobby's Burger Palace. It's owned by Bobby Flay. I absolutely loved the burger I tried there. The fries and the shake were not worth the money though. With the tip, I spent almost $18 for a burger, sweet potato fries and a vanilla shake. I might go back to get a burger and a coke but I'll got to DQ for my shakes in the future...

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
At Sonic are you supposed to tip or no. I've asked and they say yes and no. I don't. eat fast food much, but when I go there I don't know if I should tip

1 - 20 of 29 Posts