Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife has been bitten by the Edge. She wants one.I found a loaded limited 2009 model. I have a set of Cooper ATR on 16" Escape rims that I use in the winter. Will they fit on the Edge?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Congrats!!! What color is it? Did you get the Vista Roof?

:D

What size are the tires? I've seen other people put my wheel/tire combo directly onto an Escape with no trouble.

My Edge's tire size is 245/60R18. The wheels are 18", 7.5" wide, 44mm offest, 5 x 4.50" (114.3mm) bolt pattern. The bolt pattern is identical, and I think that the Escape's wheels are usually 7" wide with a 45mm offset.

Don't forget about the tire-pressure-monitor sensors.

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Goofed, it's a new 2008 Black with the Vista roof, leather, sync, etc,etc. It has the painted 18" rims. I just found out that the tires/rims will not fit. Haven't sealed the deal yet.

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just found out that Ford has for the 2008 Edges a 0% finance across the board from 12 to 72 months. Now the wife is interested in a light blue one. Doesn't have the vista roof on it though.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:thumb:

If you do get an Edge with the Vista Roof, you lose any ability to add the factory roof rack, so that could be a plus.

Personally, I wouldn't buy an Edge without one, but that's just me. The only time I don't use it is in extremely cold weather, or if I know that water has frozen into it. When it's fully open, it's about four times the size of a typical moonroof, and it has a built-in front air deflector that goes up as the roof opens. The roof can also tilt open in the back only, which is how I usually use it in the winter.

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the wife pointed back in the right direction. I found another Edge, a SEL, with the sight and sound package. How does the 9 speaker with sub-woofer unit sound? It also has the Vista roof, no leather though, no big deal. Back up collision alert,rear spoiler, 18" painted rims,cargo control system, sat radio,bunch of other stuff. And the Sync set-up. Going to crunch some final numbers tomorrow. Have to figure out what will give me the biggest bang for the buck, either the 5000.00 rebate or 0% finance.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:thumb:

I like the 18" painted wheels more than any other Edge wheel. They look just like the wheels on our Fusion, 'cept for the finish (the Fusion's have polished edges).

I also like the factory stereo system. I think the speakers are the same as my system (navigation, Sirius, CD6 and "audiophile"). It's more than loud enough, and it has really good sound quality at any volume---no rattles, and no booming bass. And Sirius is on my can't-live-without-it list.

You'll love Sync. If wifey's phone has Bluetooth, she can relive the Ford commercials ("Bling! Call hubby!").

:D

And after you've had it for a while, you can wire the Vista Roof switch so that it lights up. http://www.edge-central.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19

·
Registered
333 Posts
I love the Chrome 20's on the Edge Limited...but I cringe to think what those tiny Pirelli Scorpions they come with cost to replace...

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not sure if I have the guts to do that job JP. And I've been a electrician for over 25 years! Probably because I'm afraid of what the wife would do if I screwed it up. Perhaps this calls for a day trip. What would you charge me for doing it? Perhaps we can do a little bartering.

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JP,interested in a side job?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts