Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How do I install the power steering pressure sensor on 2006 Ford Escape 4 cly? The connection is under the manifold. Do I have to take off the pump or perhaps the maniold to get to it? The Sensor attaches to the left on the pump and runs behind the manifold about 1/4" Can't get to it with a wrench.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
I think removing the manifold it the easier of the two choices. It is plastic, and smaller fasteners holding it to the intake ports/head. If you remove the bolts, you may be able to snake in there without totally removing the manifold, more or less pushing it to one side, or towards the radiator a bit to allow tool access.
My understanding it the switch it used by the engine computer to bump the idle when power steering is required at low rpms, thus preventing stalling.
I figure it is either stalling or you are replacing the switch to assuage leaking.
If you do decide the pump is easier, be sure to inspect the inner side of the serpentine belt. If chunks are missing, time to replace while you have it all apart. Roll the tension pulleys also to determine if their bearings are dried up or worn out. Replacements are not real expensive, and preventing a failure
when at highway speed can avoid expensive parts damage.
tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts